Saturday, August 4, 2012

This Week

We have had a pretty low key week which has been nice. This summer has flown by and been so busy. Between swim lessons, camp, and Colby's birthday party I feel like we have really been on the go! I am thankful the month of August doesn't have too much going on. I look forward to spending time with Colby before he starts school in September. This week has been pretty routine.
Monday I took the kids to the library. We had books due back and there was also storytime so I figured it would be a nice outting for us. Colby does so well now at storytime. I started taking him to the libary when he was around 1. Its amazing how far he has come! I am glad Lindsay is getting a taste of it now. I will probably try to continue bringing her even when C starts back to school. He sat really well through storytime and even enjoyed the craft. Lindsay always acts really good too and seems to enjoy the whole experience.
Tuesday I had Bible Study. Since Colby was finished with camp I figured I would bring him with me. They have childcare during the Bible study and he came with me twice at the beginning but then was at camp during the month of July. I figured I would bring him this last time. My mom has always kept Lindsay during the Bible Study. Its just a couple of teenage girls who watch the kids and they are all preschoolers so I knew they weren't equipped to keep a baby anyway. I figured it would be good for Colby to be around other kids though and just a change of pace for him. He always seems to enjoy it. After Bible study I brought him back to my parents and picked up Lindsay. We decided to let him stay that afternoon to swim and play at their house. It was nice for me to come home and get a little break. It also allowed me time to get more stuff done. It seems with 2 kids home 24/7 I never get anything done!
Wednesday I took the kids swimming at my parent's house. This was only Lindsay's 3rd time in the pool. She loved it so much the last time that I have really been wanting to get her in the pool since then. The month of July just flew by and neither her or I got to swim. It was nice hanging out over there. We always spend several hours though...we were there from 10-2:30ish. Its hard to get away b/c Colby always wants to stay longer and play. I used to make him leave after lunch but now she's napping so we have to wait until she wakes up. Anyway its nice though...its still a break for me b/c my parents play with the kids and I can sit and visit or relax which is nice!
Thursday was a low key day for us. I had to go to Target. I always dread big shopping trips with 2 but they both did really good! Lindsay sat up in the cart like a big girl and loved it! We got what we needed and got home. We spent the rest of the day relaxing at home. I was glad we had a low key day before going into the weekend. The weekend is going to be crazy! We have a concert, errands, church stuff, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment