Friday, August 24, 2012

THE RAIN and Finally a break from the Insanity!


Well I think we have all been going crazy in this house lately! It seems like last week we were home a lot and pent up with nothing to do. There wasn't much getting out last week. I didn't plan it that way it just happened. Saturday we stayed home. Our reason for this was it was forecast to rain plus I felt like we would just stay home and relax with Sunday being church and we would be gone most of the day! Also with Colby's late night at the SAINTS game I felt like he could use a little extra rest and downtime.
Little did I know it would flood Sunday and we would miss church! After staying home all day Saturday we were SO ready for church on Sunday! We got up that morning and all got dressed and were ready to head out the door by 8:30. Well around that same time that we wer about to leave the sky turned really black and the wind picked up. I got a little worried at that moment if I should really be striking out to Metairie with 2 small kids in tow alone. Well it still wasn't raining and we were all dressed so I said let's go! Hoping it would quickly blow over! Well by the time I buckled Colby in his seat the downpour began! We drove down our street which it was so scary. I couldn't see b/c the rain was so hard, lightening was striking all around us, and the streets were already beginning to hold water. I pulled up in a parking lot to call my dad and see how the weather was at church. He could hardly hear me b/c the weather was so crazy on my end. I decided to wait for a few minutes and let it calm down then we would try again. Well it started to look better so we started driving down Terry Parkway...we got about a mile down the road when I realized how bad the streets were already flooding. I decided it wasn't worth it so we turned around and came home. I hated it I really wanted to go to church. I knew though getting stranded with 2 kids would be no fun at all! I have been stuck in floods before and it sucks much less with a 4 year old and 8 month old. The weather did get better soon after we came home but we came in and changed clothes b/c we had all gotton wet and by that time I was out of the mood to go anywhere. Granted, it made for a long day! Staying home ALL day for 2 days straight is enough to make anyone go crazy! Not to mention Austin had to work all night!
Monday Austin was off which was wonderful! I was so excited to have him here with us and just a break from the last few insane days! Colby had spent Sunday night with my parents. Since Austin was working through the night we figured it was best for him to be over there. It worked out great b/c Austin got to come home Sunday afternoon for a few hours. With Colby here he wouldn't have been able to relax but since Lindsay goes to bed so early we were able to chill out for awhile which was nice. Well Monday morning after getting ready I left to go pick up Colby. Austin got in earlier then expected and got some rest so I left Lindsay here with him. I picked up Colby and we went to the grocery store before coming home. After lunch we all rested. That afternoon we headed out to run a few errands and go out to eat as a family. We rarely go out to eat at night these days...with Lindsay going to bed at 7 and Austin's crazy work schedule time rarely allows for it. We figured though it would be a nice change of pace since the kids and I had had been couped up so much. We chose to go across the river to Panera Bread. We usually try to pick "quick" places if we go out at night also. We all enjoyed the food and the kids behaved very well too. It was so nice getting out and just enjoying being together!
Tuesday we decided to take a Family outting to the aquarium. Lindsay has been to the aquarium atleast one other time but that time we didn't stay long b/c it was crowded and she was really little. I figured now at 8 months out she would like it too! It was a great day to go..the weather was wonderful the aquarium wasn't crowded and we had a great time. I honestly think Lindsay liked it better then Colby. For some reason he's never been a huge fan of the aquarium. He never stops and looks at the exhibits at all. He used to mainly just want to go and play on this little playground thing and now they have removed that so he really wants nothing to do with the place. I hate that he won't get interested in the animals. Lindsay seemed to really take note of the animals and get excited about them. We only stayed a little over an hour. The aquarium doesn't take long to get through but especially with 2 little ones I feel like we speed through! We came home and enjoyed po-boys. That afternoon we invited Honey and Max to eat dinner with us again. Its nice having friends over to eat and we enjoy helping them out. When we cook for just the 3 of us we always have leftovers so its not like we are even cooking any more food! The boys had fun but they were both a little grumpy! Max is back in school so I think he was tired from his day and Colby gets grumpy in the evenings b/c he has pretty much quit napping! All in all it was a nice visit though! We really enjoyed the 2 days with Austin! I always like when he's off during the week b/c it seems to help break the week up and makes it go by faster!

No comments:

Post a Comment