Saturday, August 18, 2012

Our Week

We are having a nice week back at home. We enjoyed our weekend in Hattiesburg but as always its nice to get home.
Monday Austin was still off. It was nice to have another full day of us all being at home. That morning we had to go get Colby's passport applied for at the post office. My parents came over to watch Lindsay. We weren't sure how long it would take and I didn't want to have a screaming baby in the PO while we were trying to get that done. It ended up not taking long at all and Colby did great. Since we finished up early we took him to the park. It has been quite awhile since we have been able to do a park trip. Its just been so hot this summer. I would normally take Colby even in the heat but logistically taking a baby out there its just not worth it. Sometimes Colby and I would literally go for 15 minutes and move on to something else but hauling a baby with all her gear that just doesn't make it worth it. Now that she is getting older though I am looking forward to some fall park trips with them both! After the park we took him to eat Mexico...that is what he calls our little hole in the wall mexican place we have been taking him since he was a baby! He loves the bean dip they give you to start and then the cheese quesadilla. It was a fun morning out with our big boy! It was nice to have just him to focus on and I am pretty sure he enjoyed it too! That afternoon we just relaxed and enjoyed some family time!
Tuesday it was back to me and the kiddos. I took them over to my parent's house to swim. This is always a nice outting. Its easy and they both love it! We all went swimming which was fun! Lindsay loves the water! Colby is ofcourse all fish too! After swimming Lindsay ate her lunch and took her nap. This is always a nice time for Colby and I to just visit and hang out with my parents. We ate lunch together then relaxed and watched a movie! I am so thankful for grandparents that live in our city that our kids can see all the time! Once we got home we were all exhausted so we just rested and waited on Austin to get home!
Wednesday my parents wanted to take Colby to breakfast and out for the morning. I had to go to Target so I welcomed the idea of only having to take 1 child. I know its important for them to spend this time with him this summer b/c the school year will bring on a lot of changes since he will be going every day. Lindsay and I made our trip to Target then came home. She's a pretty good little shopping buddy. My parents brought Colby to breakfast at McDonald's then to the mall then to a bounce place then to their house. I know he had a blast!
Thursday we kept Jackson for my friend Casee. Colby has gotton to know Jax through the last couple of years. Even though Jax is a little over a year younger then Colby they still get along well. We decided we would take turns swapping kids till school starts. Colby went over there last week so this week was my turn to watch Jax. It worked out well. I think the boys had fun. It kept me busy though. We did coloring, they played cars, ate a snack, played together with Lindsay, then I brought the boys outside while L was taking her nap. It was a busy but fun morning.


Friday I took the kids to Barnes and Noble. This is one of our favorite pasttimes. Its a nice place to go with both kids when its too hot to do much else. Colby LOVES the train table. He also likes to leave with a book. I always let him get a book...I have a hard time saying no to books. I love books and I want him to love reading so we always get a book. It was a nice outting. We got home and ate lunch then everyone was supossed to rest. Colby had a big evening planned. He went to the SAINTS game with Uncle Randall and Aunt Lizzie. It was his first Saints game but he has been other big events so he kinda knew what to expect! I think he had a blast! They updated us the whole evening on what he was doing. They also sent pictures which we loved! He ended up falling asleep in the 1st quarter which shocked me. But he didn't take a nap that day so I know poor thing was exhausted. But he woke up and contined to enjoy the game. They brought him home at the end of the 3rd quarter which he still got home after 10. I am glad it was a Friday night so he had Saturday to recoup. I am glad he got the experience though and had fun! I know he felt like such a big boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment