Monday, August 6, 2012

Our Weekend

Well I would say we had a busy, but great weekend! We were spoiled again by having Austin home for it! Friday my mom and I and Colby went to work in the church nursery. Its been awhile since we have had a "work" day up there. But with the new year approaching there was a lot to be done. We are creating new classes and moving some of the classes to new rooms. We worked in the 2 year old room getting it ready. Colby enjoyed playing up there with the toys. He has been used to going up there with me since he was just 1. It was nice not to have Lindsay though it would have been harder to work with both of them! Once we got home we ate lunch and took naps.
That evening/afternoon Austin and I left to go to the Kenny Chesney concert. Its been awhile since we have been to a concert. It was a nice change of pace. We got there around 4:30 and it lasted until 11. It was a little long but it was nice to just sit back and enjoy the music and each other!
Saturday I was so thankful Austin was off again. We used the day to mainly stay at home and get things done. It was great to sleep in and just hang out at the house as a family. Austin and Colby did get out and run a few errands but we mostly just hung out which was great. I feel like we need that every now and then!



Sunday another busy day. Austin had to go back to work. So I took the kids to church. I had to teach in Colby's room today. It actually went really well. I enjoy being the lead teacher. I love teaching and since right now I am a SAHM I don't get to do it often. Homeschool has crossed my mind but I really think Colby needs to be around other children. Who knows maybe one day God will call me to do that! Right now he needs to be in preschool. I used to teach Sunday School but since becoming Nursery Director I can't do both. So I enjoy the opportunity to teach. Its hard though teaching your own child although I have to say this past week he made it much easier on me. I also turned over a lot of the teaching to my helper Mrs. Shirley. I let her do the storytime which I think worked out well. I think I just have higher expectations for Colby and get frustrated when he doesn't sit still and listen. We learned about Jesus and the 12 Disciples. The kids loved the activities. I love planning that type of thing! I came home after SS. I had a meeting that afternoon and I just knew I needed the rest and time to get stuff done. I brought Lindsay home with me but Colby stayed with my parents. We didn't get much of a nap though b/c Colby didn't nap plus by the time he got home it was about time for L to wake up anyway. I had to leave for my meeting at 3:15. Austin came home to keep the kids. The meeting went really well and I am thankful for that. We have a lot to look forward to and I'm excited about another great year with our preschoolers! Once I got home Austin and Colby ran a few errands then we all settled in for dinner and bedtime and watching the Saints game! It was a wonderful weekend! We are looking forward to a busy, but great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment