Tuesday, December 11, 2012

1 Year Celebrations








Since Lindsay's b-day fell on a Wednesday and we didn't get to celebrate that much that day we have made up for it since!
Austin was off for a 4 day weekend starting Thursday. Thursday Colby had school so Lindsay and I ran to the Party store to get stuff for her party. That afternoon we relaxed then went out that night. That was our family celebration for Lindsay's birthday. We decided since Austin was off and who knows what the rest of our December will be like we wanted to take the kids to Christmas in the Oaks. This has always been our tradition with Colby. Although we missed last year b/c with having a newborn we never could make it out last year. We stopped first to eat at Trashy mexican. Both of our kids love that place...plus they are quick and cheap so its a great restaurant to go with 2 little ones! They both had their fill of beans and cheese quesadilla. We then headed across the river to City Park. I honestly thought it would be crowded b/c everytime we have gone since Colby was a baby its been overally crowded and not as much fun. Well this year we went the right day! There was hardly anyone there! We walked right in and basically had the place to ourselves. We decided to go to the ride area first. Colby ofcourse chose the cars, dump trucks, and airplanes to ride. I wanted Lindsay to experience the carousel. So she and I went to do that! Well she liked it at first until the carousel started moving and she realized she was going up and down but mommy was not. In hind sight I should have sat on the horse with her but since it was just her and I I was afraid to try climbing on the horse while holding a baby so I just stood next to her. So basically we rode around with me just holding her. But still it was a sweet memory! Hopefully next time we go she will be more into it. Once Colby rode his 3 rides we went to the train. Usually the line for the train is too long but this year we walked right on! I think both kids were in awe of all the lights. After the train we went over to Storyland for Colby to play. Lindsay was getting tired by this point but we knew Colby REALLY wanted to play in storyland! He had a blast! His favorite I think were the firetruck and the pirate ship! I hope we can go back soon to let him spend more time there! Before we came home we made a stop for beignets! We figured it was a special evening right?!?
Friday Colby again had school. I brought him in then came home and picked up Lindsay to bring her to her 1 year dental appointment. Yes our dentist likes to see them starting at age 1. She has 8 teeth too so I figured it was good to go ahead and let them see her. She did really well...I mean she screamed while they checked her but I learned with Colby that is nothing unusual. They are so quick too that she only screams for maybe 2 minutes. After we all got home we ate lunch and rested. That afternoon Austin's parents came in for Lindsay's birthday party. I felt bad b/c the afternoon turned out to be total chaos! They probably think everytime they come to town now it is like that! Well after Colby ate those beignets the night before he woke up Friday morning complaining of his stomach hurting again. I didn't think too much of it until he came home from school still saying it hurt. After his nap he still complained. I started freaking out thinking apendicitis. I looked up the symptoms and even called the nurse and she actually wanted him to come in. I got really worried thinking that we might be going in for surgery and having to call off Linday's 1st birthday party. The doc checked him out and basically said his stomach still has not 100% healed from the bad stomach bug he had. She said he needed to start probiotics and lay off the sugary foods. I was so glad it was nothing serious!! By the time we got in it was about dinner time. Lindsay was exhausted and with her party the next day I put her to bed early. We all ate pizza then started really getting ready for the party.
Saturday was PARTY day! This is only the second time we have hosted a b-day party at our house and man its a lot of work! That morning we got started really early. By 9 Austin and Colby left to pick up the food and it got really busy at home! The bounce guy showed up, I had to dress Lindsay, Mrs. Debi showed up with the cake. By the time Austin and Colby got home guests were already starting to arrive! But it all worked out! We had a great time! We had 23 adults and 8 kids. We had 3 other babies which was fun...we invited Maggie and McKenzie (2 other babies from the nursery at church) Maggie's 2 older brothers came they are 3 and 5 so that was nice for Colby to have someone to play with. We also invited Colby's little friend Robbie from school and he has a little brother. All the big boys enjoyed playing outside in the spacewalk. We wouldn't normally have gotton one of those for a 1 year old party but we figured colby would be into it. I was glad we had it too b/c it kept the 4 big boys entertained. The ladies and the babies all stayed inside. We had a great time just visiting and letting the kids play. We had great food and cake! After the party was over we took Lindsay out to enjoy the spacewalk and she loved it! I couldn't believe she wasn't scared at all. We enjoyed getting some extra time out of it as a family. That afternoon we just relaxed. I think we were all SO tired from the party. That night we promised Colby a movie and some popcorn. We watched Polar Express with him and he loved it!
We have so much to be thankful for and it was a great weekend! I just can't believe my baby girl is already 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment