Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Weekend

We are enjoying our weekend here. Its been quite a busy week for me around here so I always look forward to Saturday! Saturday is the one day we can sleep in and hang out in our pjs longer then normal! Although this weekend Saturday was a busy, fun filled day. Atleast we still don't have to leave the house at 8:30! We enjoyed our cinnamon roll breakfast...Colby gets to choose our Saturday breakfast menu! Colby and Lindsay were both invited to a birthday party that morning. That was their first joint birthday party! I worried that it would be hard dealing with them both but it ended up being fun. The party was very low key. It was for a friend of Colby's his baby brother. They came to Lindsay's party. It turned out being Colby, Lindsay, Robbie, Ryan and Morgan. It was nice just being a few kids. Colby ran around with Robbie and Morgan. Lindsay and Ryan hung out with the moms and crawled around. We ended up all having a great time! I was proud of how well behaved both kids were also.
After leaving the party we went to my parent's house to make cookies and hang out. We haven't been over there since December 1st for my dad's birthday. We have this tradition of also making sugar cookies over there at Christmas time. My mom makes these great cookies and she always has the ingredients on hand. Its just easier and more fun to bake over there then me try to do it alone at home with 2 kids. We had fun. Colby had a blast and Lindsay too! By the time we left there though I was exhausted! We didn't get home until 2. Lindsay needed a nap and I needed some down time as well. Colby never did nap...luckily Austin came home early so we were able to have a nice family dinner. That is rare on his working days. After dinner we took a ride downtown b/c Austin forgot to do something at work. Colby really enjoyed this but both kids were exhausted...Colby even fell asleep on the way home. Lindsay stayed awake but that night woke up crying...she's done that a few times this week...we aren't sure if its effects of the shots, teething, sickness, or what.
Sunday was a busy, but great day. Austin had work so it was just me and the kids going to church. Lindsay woke up with a really runny nose but she didn't seem to feel bad or be running fever so I wanted to go ahead and make it to church. I did decided to keep her out of the nursery and bring her in big church with me. I didn't want her to infect anyone else if she is sick plus if her immunity is low I didn't want her to catch anything else right here the week of Christmas. Even though it was busy it was special having her in church with me. We haven't really brought her in since she was a newborn. She came with me one or 2 other times at our old church but we always had to leave early. She did really well she was just BUSY! I let her crawl around on the floor and drink her bottle, eat puffs, play with toys etc. She made it through 75% of the service which I thought was good for a 1 year old! When we finally left was right after she tried to crawl down the aisle. The kids and I came home to rest I think we were all exhausted.
That evening Austin and I had a date night. Kari Jobe had a concert at Calvary. We bought the tickets back in October. We figured it would be a good night and time for us to celebrate our anniversary. it worked out well and my parents kept both kids overnight for us. It was so nice to have an evening out. It had been a long, busy week and I was overdue for some type of break! We dropped the kids off around 5 then went to eat at Applebees before the concert. The concert was great! It was refreshing especially since I didn't feel like I truly got to enjoy church having a squirmy 1 year old with me. I loved Kari Jobe she had such a sweet, fun personality. That night it was nice to just come in and unwind with no children! Waking up that morning was quite strange. It was a welcome break though. I was able to take my time getting ready and take time for myself! I am so grateful for my parents giving us that chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment