Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Twas' the Week Before Christmas









We are just a week from Christmas and life has been busy but fun! This is the first year in awhile I have felt no stress of the holidays. The first few years having Colby were fun but I also spent a lot of my time stressed out over making things perfect and worrying about buying gifts. Last year wasn't really stressful as far as Christmas goes but we had a newborn baby so life was just crazy! We experienced a lot of changes and adjustments last Christmas. But last year I refused to get stressed about the holidays mainly b/c I had a newborn and didn't have time but it made me realize how much we could "remove" from our holidays and still have a good Christmas. So this year my theme has been if it causes stress or fighting then we don't do it. My ultimate goal is to simplify Christmas. It has worked beautifully. We have still enjoyed the holidays and continued traditions but taking the stress from Christmas has helped me focus on the true spirit of Christmas. Anyway back to this post of our week:
Monday I woke up and went to my parent's house to pick my babies up from our night out. I was so excited to get them! Its amazing how much you miss them when you are away even though I NEEDED the time away from them! I went to pick them up early b/c Colby had his Christmas party that morning at school. He was bringing teacher gifts and cookies for his class so I wanted to be able to walk him in. I know he had a blast he came home with a HUGE bag of stuff! I wish I could peek in on him sometimes! Lindsay and I had a nice morning around the house. I decided to bring her home and do nothing b/c I knew that would be our LAST morning alone for awhile!!
Tuesday Colby was singing at a nursing home with his school. They did this last year and it was adorable. Although last year Colby was in a horrible mood and acted out awful! It was amazing to see the difference a year makes! I am sure last year having a less then 2 week old sister made a difference as well! Austin and I dropped Lindsay off with my parents. We probably could have brought her and she would have done fine b/c there were several other little siblings there but I try to create special days for them both. I wanted Colby to feel like he had mommy and daddy's whole attention! Plus I knew if I had her I would be focused on her the whole time! Colby sang and did great! He was very helpful and obediant with his classmates and teachers. We decided after he sang that we would take him to the park for a little while to run out some energy there. We ended up at his favorite park by the river. He had a blast! 2 other boys from his school showed up too which was fun! I think he really enjoyed playing with them! Afterwards we went to pick up Lindsay. We came home for lunch and naps. That afternoon we just had a low key evening around the house! We just enjoyed having Austin around since he has worked so much lately!
Wednesday Austin went back to work and I took both kids to GymRompers. I was really excited to bring Colby back to see how much he would remember. He told me a few things he remembered before we went! He was so excited about going back! He had the best time! He ran around and did many of the same things he used to do as a toddler! It brought back a flood of memories! Where did the last 3 years go? Now he could do everything! I think Lindsay liked having her big bro there! She had a lot of fun...she loves the circle time and bubbles. She also got brave and crawled on/up a few things she had never done before. The little boy who picked on her last week chose Colby to pick on. He's only 2 which he's too old for Lindsay to really play with but too young for Colby. Colby just wanted to be left alone to run around and climb and this little boy kept following him...by the end Colby was laughing and running around with him though! Colby cried when it was time to leave...I definitely plan to bring him one more time with us atleast since he had such a great time! That afternoon we just took it easy. So far the kids have been getting a long great and playing together a lot which has been wonderful!
Thursday Austin was off again. We wanted to do a Family day...we decided on the Children's Museum b/c it was cold and rainy. It had also been awhile since we had been. Colby loves the museum. We used to go ALL the time but now with him being in school its getting harder and harder to find time to go! I think soon though I will have to start bringing Lindsay b/c she had SO much fun! This was her 3rd visit I think but the first she got to participate and get out the stroller. We started taking Colby around 18 months once he was really good at walking. We ended up taking Colby's friend Max too. We all had a great time. It was busy with 3 kids but we had fun! I think Colby enjoyed having a friend! I think Lindsay really enjoyed the visit it was neat getting her out of the stroller and her getting to explore the toddler room. She didn't get to do anything else since she isn't walking yet but she loved crawling around on the soft foam stuff they have. Colby and Max had a great time and played well together. I was glad Colby had a friend there to hang out with! After the museum we took the kids to Chickfila. Gosh it was busy having 3 kids...they were all good but I realized how crazy life would be with 3. Even though its crazy at times with 2 its still pretty manageable with 2 adults and 2 kids but feeling outnumbered was crazy...crazy but fun! Glad we were able to do that for Colby though while he was out of school!
Friday my parents wanted to spend time with Colby. They took him most of the day and went to the mall, breakfast at McDonald's and to their house to play. I enjoyed the quiet time with Lindsay. She and I finished up our Christmas shopping at Target and just enjoyed the quiet before a crazy, busy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment