Saturday, October 19, 2013

Conferences & Awards

This week has been another milestone week for my little boy! Yesterday we had Parent/Teacher conferences. This was not my first of those (he did have those in preschool) but this was the first "real" one that included grades and such! I looked forward to hearing from his teacher. Our only real concern so far this year is his phonics grade. He started out with an A, then went to a B, and by the last couple of weeks it dipped to a C. I don't really have a problem with a C but I knew this would mean no Honor Roll. Again I don't really have an issue with that but I just didn't want his feelings to be hurt if most of the other kids got it. Thankfully this Quarter he got Perfect Attendance...so I think at this age he really doesn't know the difference. His teacher was very kind and explained that she thinks Colby will catch on to phonics. She said this is all very new to him, he's a young 5, and a boy. Its just one of those lightbulb type moments. She said she could already see improvements now that we were working more at home. She said he's a really sweet kid and very independent. I am glad his teachers always say he's sweet that's really the first thing we hear. I am glad he's a well behaved student and a pleasure to teach. Makes my momma heart happy. Honestly I would rather him be a delight and get average grades then the opposite! I am thankful to hear he's becoming so confident and independent. This time last year we really had our questions about sending him on to kindergarten. We weren't sure if he would be ready. I think he definitely was! So proud of him! So the conference went great...the teacher and I even talked about topics like Common Core. I am enjoying getting to know her! Makes me so thankful that so far each year he's been blessed with wonderful teachers who he loves and have taught him so much!
Friday was Awards Day for the students. I am not sure Colby really grasped what this was all about. It was at 8:45 so I dropped him off in carpool then went in the church to wait. Lindsay had to come with me...I had planned to bring her to school afterwards but it didn't end until 9:45 or later. I guess it was a good thing I didn't bring her b/c she had diarrhea all day long. I don't think she is sick I think she is getting her 2 year molars which anytime she's really teething she gets that. Poor baby! Anyway so I we stayed for the Awards. Colby was so proud of his Perfect Attendance! Afterwards we came on home to rest up for this weekeneds family reunion with my mom's family! More on that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment