Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Family Reunion 2013

So this weekend my mom's family had their family reunion. They hold one of these every other year now. This was our 3rd one. Colby has been able to attend them all. He was 15 months the first trip we took to Austin, TX, he was 3 the next trip we took to Pensacola, FL and now this one was held at my parent's house. It was Lindsay's first reunion.
So Friday right after school we went to my parent's house. All her siblings flew/drove in that day. We arrived early though just to let the kiddos get comfortable and settled before all the craziness began. I was a little worried how they would act/re-act. Colby has certain things he likes to do at Grammy's house and Lindsay can be really timid around strangers. I talked to them though and they ended up doing so well ALL weekend! So Friday we enjoyed visiting and the kids just ran around playing. It was a little tiring b/c Lindsay had diarrhea all day Friday so I felt like I was back and forth changing her diapers all night plus she was a little cranky not too bad but she was tired too. Thankfully though at my parents house the kids do have plenty to do and I don't worry too much about the messes they make! We had a great dinner of shrimp cocktail, seafood gumbo, and jambalaya. It was fun being around all my aunts and uncles. I wish more of the cousins could have come but my kids still had fun even though they were the only 2! We had to leave by 7 to head home...I hated to miss in most of the "late night" visiting but with 2 littles that's impossible! Plus Fridays we are all exhausted. Austin didn't get to meet us that night but he got home when we did so we were able to have a little family time before bed.
Saturday the kids and I slept in! So wonderful! We all slept until 8! I love rainy mornings like that! Although we didn't get to hang out in our pjs as long as we normally would. We got dressed and headed over to my parent's again. My mom had breakfast...she had beignets, biscuits, ham, and fruit for us to enjoy. The kids enjoyed a hearty breakfast like that! We hung around and played and visited. We had a little quickie bite of lunch too before we left. I loved not having to cook all weekend! The kids and I did leave around 1 so that they could come home and rest/nap. I also needed some downtime. Colby didn't sleep but he did need the quiet time. Lindsay took a pretty good nap. We went back over there around 4:30. Again we enjoyed more time with the family. We got to spend some time outside too and enjoy the cooler temps! I was so glad to pull out blue jeans and long sleeves for the kids! They looked so cute in their fall clothes! Austin was able to get there around 5:30. It was nice to have him around that night. I was glad he got to partake in the festivities plus he was a HUGE help with the kids. We enjoyed a dinner of chicken and steak fajitas that night. We got to sit around and visit a little. The kids were in WAY better moods Saturday night especially Lindsay. Again I hated we still had to leave early but with kids that's what you have to do! We left around 7:30. I am so thankful we got to hang out with family. It means so much to hear the stories and be around my mom's siblings!
The rest of our weekend was pretty low key except church Sunday morning. We spent the rest of the day at home. I hated to miss Lifegroup once again but I felt it best that we stay in and rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment