Monday, October 14, 2013

Pumpkins & Batman





I have to say we have had a great Saturday! Its been so fun being with the kids! I love Saturdays! Now with Colby in school so much I really miss him and look forward to having him home on the weekends! I was excited we had a lot planned this weekend...although since school began rarely have we had a free Saturday!
So our morning began with a trip out to the pumpkin patch. I would have loved to have brought the kids to a "Real" patch but our October is just jam packed and I had no idea when we would squeeze that in. We opted for a church patch instead. We went to St. Martin's Pumpkin Patch in Old Metairie. We brought Colby here when he was 1. The last few years we have gotten our pumpkins from either the grocery or the patch at AUMC but this year they don't have a patch. I figured it would be a fun outting for the kids. My parents went along with us b/c they also needed pumpkins plus I figured I could use the extra hand in wrangling the children. They also miss the kids now with school in full swing! Colby enjoyed running through the patch I think but Lindsay wanted nothing to do with it! She's so different then Colby! Colby as a toddler loved going anywhere and saw any new place as an adventure. Instead she is timid and doesn't want to be put down! She finally warmed up right as it was time to go OFCOURSE! After the patch we went to lunch at McAlister's. It was nice to eat out with the kids and my parents. We miss that opportunity now that we don't go to the same church. My parents brought Lindsay home with them b/c Colby and I had a birthday party later that day! It was a neat opportunity for her to go with them. That rarely happens! Its usually just Colby!
Colby and I came in and rested...he claimed he didn't want "rest time" but ended up falling asleep for over an hour! It was so nice having a quiet house for awhile. At 2:45 we had to leave for the party though. The party was at this Krav Maga place. I was unsure of how it would be at first and if I would know anyone or have anyone to talk to but it ended up being fine. He ended up having a blast after being a little unsure at first. About half the class was there. The party was for Colin which Colby doesn't really ever talk about. Colby mostly played with Nigel and JaVardes. I mostly visited with Mrs. Birden and 2 other moms I had met previously. Its neat getting to know his teacher a little more each time and the other moms. After the party which didn't end until 5:30 Austin met us at my parents to pick up Lindsay and the 4 of us went to Cane's for lunch. It was a very busy Saturday but I loved seeing the kids have fun and getting to spend time with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment