Sunday, October 6, 2013

Playdates, sickness, and Tropical Storms

Well this week has ended up WAYY different then earlier expected. Seriously when we plan God laughs.
So yesterday I took Colby to school and Lindsay and I had a fun little mommy/daughter morning planned. I try to keep thursdays open for she and I to do something fun. Anyway our plan was to meet a couple other moms at the mall at 9:30 to play. So we did all our morning stuff and went to the mall. All morning Lindsay seemed fine. Now Colby and Lindsay both have little colds/allergy stuff going on this week. I have even been using the oils on them frequently just to keep anything at bay. So we get to the mall and to the play area and Lindsay was totally out of kilter. But I thought nothing of it...she acts like this a lot and honestly has never liked the play area except when Colby is there. I honestly just thought she was being a typical 1 year old. She played off and on but was a little clingy. At one point I kinda wondered if she didn't feel good or just wondered if her 2 year molars were really bothering her. We stayed well over an hour though and visited and played. Its been soo good for my mommy soul to hang out with Christian friends while our littles play! Anyway so we finally came on home and when we got home she just melted to pieces. She refused to eat lunch which again though not that uncharacteristic of her. Finally I took her temp and was shocked that this entire time she had a 102 fever! My poor angel! I also felt soo guilty for going on a playdate with a sick little but I honestly had no idea!
So I gave her some tylenol and she took a good nap. After her nap she was a little more perky but by the time we got home from getting Colby she was a total mess again. She finally put herself in our recliner and stayed for 2+ hours! SO UNLIKE her! That night around 10 we went to check on her and she was burning up! Checked her temp and it had spiked to 103. We gave her some tylenol and rubbed her down with a cool cloth. I held and rocked her for a little while.
Friday morning she woke up seeming to feel a little better and just a low grade fever. I debated taking her to the doc but I figured I needed to go ahead since we did have a storm coming our way and a possible trip. So we brought Colby to school then went to the doc. I really figured she had an ear infection. So got her to the doc and the doc checked her and found nothing. Said it was most likely viral and she would just have to fight it off. Most of Friday she acted ok...not as perky as usual but not as puny as the day before. That night she even ate a good dinner so we thought things were looking up and the worst was behind us...little did we know! Friday night we stayed in and had a good night as a family. We built a tent and watched CARS with Colby. Things were going well! Read the rest of the story next...

No comments:

Post a Comment