Monday, September 30, 2013

Family Fun Day & Sunday

We had a fun family day today! Austin was off so we wanted to do something fun with the kiddos. Its rare that he's off on a Saturday and we don't have any special plans. Colby spent last night with my parents so our first order of business was to go pick him up! I am glad he got that time away but I definitely missed having him around on a Friday night!
We got there to pick him up about 9:45. Since hearing that his sister and I went to the park on Thursday he has been begging to go. He loves Confetti Park. We figured it would be a nice family outting. Both kids had a blast! Its such a nice park. It was shady and not too hot at all which was great! We basically had the place to ourselves except a dad with 2 little boys. One was 6 and the other 3 so they got along great with our kiddos. I love just watching kids play at the park and enjoy running and getting dirty and using their imaginations! I think it puts everyone in a better mood! Colby had an absolute blast! He doesn't get to visit parks as much anymore with his all day school schedule. That used to be OUR thing...we went to parks all the time when he was a toddler! Now with Lindsay I take her sometimes but not as much as I did with him but honestly she's just now really getting to the age where she LOVES it! She used to be really clingy but now she climbs and slides and has a blast! It was fun playing with them but also sitting back and just watching them be kids! Honestly this is what Saturdays are all about! We stayed for well over an hour it was SO nice! After Austin got the idea for us to take the ferry over and eat across the river. We ended up eating at Dat Dog. It was our first time but we all loved it! It was fun eating at a New Orleans place like that! This is the stuff I miss when Austin works most Saturdays! I tried to soak up all this fun b/c we don't get to do it often on Saturdays! It was definitely what my soul needed!
We came home and rested and then worked around the house. With Austin working so much and it just being me the house was in much need of some cleaning and straightening up! Still lots to do but atleast we made progress!
Sunday Austin was back to working. I have to admit I woke up in a bad mood and Satan definitely did his work in making me try to have a bad day. I guess I was bitter about Austin working and having to bring the kids to church by myself YET again! I don't usually mind but I guess I was just tired. So then we got to church and its always a lot of work to get the kids out and delivered to their classrooms while juggling a bunch of stuff anyway but it seemed even harder yesterday. Lindsay had a meltdown b/c I wouldn't let her bring a bunch of toys in then she sat on the floor in the check in room and refused to get up! I was so stressed and on top of that I had kids waiting on me b/c I was teaching preschoolers! Then I got to drop Lindsay off in her room and no teachers were there so I had to stand around and wait then had to get Colby rushed to his room. Anyway I just felt frazzled. Then ofcourse we had 10 kids yesterday which is great but we had 3 really young kids who made it alot of work. We are meeting in the kindergarten room which already makes me nervous b/c there really aren't any toys and the kids just make a mess of the room. Well with 2 year olds in there they were getting a hold of stuff like scissors and staplers! I was a nervous wreck! It was probably the most hectic Sunday I have experienced since being at Calvary. Needless to say I was glad to get home and rest! That night we went to lifegroup even though I debated skipping but I knew we needed to go and I would feel better after. Sure enough I did!
Anyway it was a good weekend overall and I hate I had such a bad attitude most of Sunday! But we live and learn and I am thankful for each new day!
Looking forward to another week! Nothing big going on just routine stuff! We will be going to Hattiesburg over the weekend so that'll probably be my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment