Thursday, September 5, 2013

Lindsay's 1st day of school and 21 Months!




This post will be all about my baby girl! She is growing up SO fast! This has been a big week for her! Today she is 21 months old! I can't believe we are just a few short months away from turning 2! She also started school yesterday. She is going to Aurora for Mother's Day Out 2 days a week. Yesterday was the first day 10-11:30. She cried a little when I left her but they said she quickly stopped. When I picked her up she was happily playing. The teachers said she did great. She was one of only 2 kids who actually sat down to color. Right now they have 8 or 9 kids total in MDO and they have 2 teachers. They also have 2 rooms so all the kids will be in both rooms throughout the year, but right now they have them seperated oldest/youngest. I have a feeling Lindsay will quickly promote to the older room. She is pretty mature for her age and can understand and do so much b/c of having a big brother influence around.
So speaking of my little girl she is talking a lot more these days. She says a lot of animals like cat, dog, duck, fish and she can also imitate the sounds they make. She's very independent and can partially dress/undress herself. She probably weighs 24 or 25 lbs. but can still wear size 12 month clothes! She doesn't seem that little to me until I see her around other kids her age or younger! She is very social but also a momma's girl but her crying when being left is getting less and less. She wears a size 5 or 6 shoe and a size 4 diaper.
She is a pretty good eater but can be quite picky when she wants to be other days she will eat anything/everything. We are a lot less strict with her then we were with Colby at this age but I guess that's normal for a 2nd child ;).
I am happy she is starting school. I think it will foster even more independence and give her something to look forward to. Although I do love having the 1 one 1 time with her while Colby is in school full day now! We are just so thankful she's a sweet, healthy, smart little girl she has been a great blessing to our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment