Thursday, September 26, 2013

Weekend Fun

Love weekends! Now that Colby is in school full time I feel like we really enjoy and make the most of our weekends! I love Friday nights being more relaxed. During the week we are pretty strict with bedtime so there isn't too much free time! Austin got off work early also which was an EXTRA bonus! He came home and we took a family ride to get Sonic for dinner. Friday nights is my night off in the kitchen. I don't feel guilty b/c we eat in all week so this is our splurge! I usually let Colby pick what we are eating. The last 2 weeks he has chose Sonic. It was fun just visiting and laughing in the car. After we ate our dinner the boys went out to do yardwork. I'm always glad when Colby can get in some outside time like this with Austin. During the week we don't get outside much...honestly its just been too hot! Its usually over 100 degrees in the afternoon plus we just have too much to do! So it was good for him to spend a little time out! Poor Lindsay wanted to join them so bad but she's just still too little for the independent play while daddy mows. Colby can be trusted to stay near the house and not get into trouble while Austin works. Anyway she and I enjoyed some girl time in the house!
Saturday...AHH saturday the 1 day we actually get to sleep in! It felt so good to wake up at 7:30. Yes that's sleeping in! But usually we are out the door by 8! So we have a liesurely morning. The kids always want pancakes so that is what we do. Today was very liesurely b/c Colby had a party at 12:30 but we had no where to be before then. I cleaned up around the house some and they watched Toy Story 2. It was raining really bad too which made it even nice to sit in our pjs and watch a movie! Around 11 we got ready and went to my parent's house. They were keeping Lindsay for me while I took Colby to the party. We were able to eat lunch and hang out there for awhile. The kids love playing at the grandparent's house! Colby and I enjoyed the party although afternoon parties WEAR me out! No one gets a nap! Anyway the party was good...this was only his 2nd time to Chuck E. Cheese. He didn't really know what to do at first but I think he enjoyed it. He got a cup full of tokens so I went around with him to show him the games/rides. He really liked this! We went through the tokens pretty fast and didn't win many tickets but I don't think he cared. Afterwards he just ran around and played with his friends! I was able to visit a little with his teacher. It was her daughter's bday party. It was neat to see them out of a school setting. After pizza and cake we decided to cash in the tickets and get going. I could tell Colby was starting to get tired. By the time we were in the car he went into full meltdown mode! I think part was tiredness and part was overstimulation b/c my head felt crazy too! My boy really isn't used to crazy places like that! Anywho we went to pick up Lindsay who didn't take much of a nap but was more pleasant then her brother. That afternoon there was a lot of fighting and tears! We layed low the rest of the day! I turned on Toy Story 2 again for the kiddos and just relaxed. That evening Austin came home early again so we had a delish dinner of spaghetti!
Sunday it was back to it! Its sometimes so hard to wake up on Sundays! But we are always glad when we did! Church days without Austin also feel hard. Anyway this Sunday I was able to sit in church which was great. It was really what I needed. I needed that time to be spiritually lifted up after a hard week! After church I stayed to help sign people up for cookie dough sales. That afternoon we came in to relax. I think we were all beat. It was nice to turn on the Saints game and just hang out. That evening we did go to Lifegroup which again was something I needed. Its great to have that time of Bible Study and interaction with other adults. It was a pretty busy weekend but oh how I love weekends! I miss my big boy during the week while he's at school!

No comments:

Post a Comment