Friday, September 20, 2013

Busy Fall Schedule

So this week we have really gotten into our busy fall 2013 schedule. Monday Lindsay had school. Its a busy morning when I have to drop both off at school. I have to drop Colby off at 8:15. Its nice that their schools are right down the street from one another but Colby goes so early and Lindsay doesn't start until 9 so she and I have 45 min to find stuff to do. We went to PJ's Monday and actually ran into a friend and her 2 kids. I was glad to have someone to visit with. While the kiddos were in school I came home to clean up the house and just enjoy some "me" time. The morning goes by quick though b/c I have to leave at 11:30 to go back and pick up Lindsay. I rush her home feed her and quickly get her down for a nap. She naps until almost 3 then we leave out to go pick up Colby. We get him home and do homework and change clothes then that afternoon we went to Chickfila for spirit night for his school. He was so excited about going. I invited my parents to go with us I figured they would enjoy meeting/seeing people from his school and also to help me since Austin was working. I am so glad they came too b/c Lindsay was a handful! We got there early and ate which was great but then the kids wanted to play. Sending Colby off to play by himself is really no biggie but Lindsay has only been in there to play 1 other time and she and a friend got stuck. Well colby finished eating way before I did so he wanted to go play which was fine with me...except the fact that since he was going his sister wanted to go too! Well my dad volunteered to go watch them. Well just like last time Lindsay scaled the play area and got to the very top! My dad came to get me saying he thought she was stuck. Well I still hadn't had much of a chance to eat. I went in there and she was crying and not coming down. I even instructed Colby to go get here but he couldn't. It was so chaotic and busy in there it was hard to even hear. My dad luckily saved the day and actually went and got her! There was no way I was going to climb up there! Anyway so after that we didn't let her back in! So needless to say she was one unhappy little girl the rest of the time we were there. The 3 of us basically spent the next hour trying to please her. We would have left sooner but Colby wanted to stick around for Mrs. Spears (the principal) so we waited and waited and she finally got there around 6:30. I was so tired and stressed by this time! The place was crowded and crazy, Linday was basically screaming/crying/kicking/squiriming by this point. My patience was really low! I was glad we did it though for my boy! But next time we may leave little sis at home. If I go alone again I think I will have my parents keep Lindsay and I will take Colby unless Austin is off and we can go as a family!
So Tuesday our ladies Bible study started up again! I have been so excited about our new study of Gideon. We have been out of Bible study for about a month and a half since the summer session and I missed it greatly! I feel like that's one area of my life that's just for me! So I drop Colby off at school then go pick up my mom then we head to the church. I am so thankful our church offers free childcare. So Lindsay gets a chance to play with other kids while I go to Bible Study...awesome! After Bible study we came home and had a pretty low key afternoon.
Wednesday Lindsay should have gone to school but she woke up with a crazy sneeze attack...I wasn't sure if she was getting sick so I kept her with me. We did our grocery shopping and spent the day resting at home. That afternoon she was a TON better so we went on to church. Colby loves going on Wednesday nights so much! Its so cute! I love that he loves going back to church even after a long school day. I am really loving my marriage class. I am hoping I learn a lot this semester about being a better wife. I really wish Austin could come with me but Wednesdays are just his hardest days! Wednesday evenings are tough though! We don't get home until 8 and by then both kids have had enough! They are screaming and crying so we hurry and do bath then send them off to bed!
Thursday I was asked to provide some information to the local MOPS group about Calvary school. They knew Colby went there and how much we love it! The meeting wasn't until 9:30 so I didn't stay I just dropped off some info. I would have loved to go and talk up Calvary but it would have meant me wasting an hour and then bringing Lindsay in with me. So we just ran a few quick errands and came home!
Friday I sent Lindsay to MDO...she usually won't attend on Fridays. I hate the thought of her going 3 days a week to school when she's only 1 so Fridays will usually be our play days. But since she missed Wednesday I thought it was best for her to go. Not only so I could have some time but for her benefit too. I think she had fun. They did several art projects today. They said she wasn't fond of paint/glue but she is really timid to any new experience and she's never used those at home/church so I figured that's why. I am sure she will warm up to them eventually ;). I really need to start doing stuff with her at home too!
So that's our week with all our new fall business! I always look forward to the weekends! This weekend we have a b-day party and church activities but we aren't planning on doing anything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment