Friday, September 13, 2013

The Last Few Days...

We've had a few very busy days around here. Our weekend was pretty relaxful though which was nice!
Sunday the kids and I went to church. Austin was working. It wasn't my week to work in the nursery but I got asked to do it last minute b/c they were short on volunteers. I really wasn't feeling it and I feel so bad saying that but I was really hoping to go sit in church. Anyway though we did have a good morning with 9 kiddos. The children were ages 3 and 4. I enjoy getting to know the kids. We also met in colby's kindergarten classroom so it was interesting looking around the walls at all he's learning! Working in the nursery and taking care of my own 2 on Sundays is exhausting though b/c we are all spread out. I work in the clubhouse which is 2-5 year olds. Colby is upstairs in Jumpstart and Lindsay is still in the nursery building. I always feel like a crazed lady after Sundays by myself. This particular week especially b/c I was already juggling all of my stuff. Well I always pick up Colby first then we go get Lindsay. Well lately she has been so good about walking to/from the car which is a HUGE help to me. Well when I picked her up she had a toy in her hand that wasn't ours. I told her to put it down and she refused I eventually had to pry it out her hand which resulted in a HUGE fit! She fell to the ground, crawled into a corner, etc. I had to drop all my stuff (literally) scoop her up, At this point Colby is getting annoyed. Anyway I felt like it took us 5 minutes to get out the door! AGH! Kids they definitely have a way of humbling you! We made it home but we were all in grumpy moods. I take most of the blame. I was tired, hungry, and not having a good attitude. Anyway after some lunch and time to sit down I think we all felt better and went on to have a good day.
That afternoon we went to Lifegroup. I really NEEDED this! I felt so much better after having the break from little ones and interacting with adults. I don't feel like spiritually I always get a lot out of the lessons. I mean its interesting and I like to hear other people's ideas but the lessons themselves just are dry for me I dunno...But I like the idea of community and just visiting and praying for one another. After this I felt sooo good! I was glad we ended our day on a positive note. I am also so thankful Colby loves this and church. He always looks forward to church days!
Monday was a VERY busy day for me especially. Austin was off thankfully! He was a huge help to me during the business! So the day started off with me dropping both kids off at school. Lindsay and I had a lot of time to kill between Colby's 8:15 drop off and her 9 drop off. Normally I will go get coffee or something but I had a dentist appointment next so I couldn't eat or drink. Well we went to her school early and we just sat on the playground. Well Lindsay tripped and fell which resulted in tears and her getting dirt all over her! MORE DRAMA! I swear this child is giving me so much patience and humbling me! With Colby I would have been soo embarrassed but with her I guess I have been broken in as a mom and I let most of it roll off my back! God knows what he's doing with birth order let's just say that! So got both kids dropped off. Lindsay did great she didn't cry she got a little pouty but no screams/tears. I went to the dentist. I used to HATE the dentist but now that I am a mom I actually sort of look forward to the silence for 45 min ha! Anyway all was good there. I left the dentist and went back to Calvary. Our lifegroup has adopted the 2nd grade class at Calvary. Most of our lifegroup cannot go up to the school during the week so I have sort of made myself that person. Being a stay at home mom and former teacher I feel like this is a great way I can give back. I honestly really enjoyed it too! Since that is where Colby is going to school even though its not his class I feel like I am giving back to his school and his education. Lauren Ball is the teacher who took over when I left! It was neat being back in the my old classroom. I have to say things have come a long way in 5 years! I was def impressed! I got to see the children during reading time. I was able to help out one of her struggling readers. The little girl read her books to me and I just helped her once in awhile with a word she couldn't pronounce or read. It was fun and I look forward to getting to know the whole class through various activities. I was there a little over an hour. I stayed with the class until they went to lunch. At this point I went in to see Colby. He has lunch with the 1st and 2nd grade. He was so cute sitting up there with his friends. I think he was pretty tickled seeing me! Afterwards I had to leave to pick up Lindsay. I got her and came home to get Austin and the 3 of us went to lunch at Izzo's. Its fun having special lunches out with Lindsay. I know how all too soon she will be in full day school too! That afternoon we rested. After Colby got home from school I had to help him with homework then get ready for a meeting I had at 6. I am on the Women's Leadership team and we were meeting. I am on the mentorship team. It was nice joining together to discuss future plans for the women of Calvary Baptist Church. I am excited about being a part of this! I have always worked with children before but I am looking forward to also teaming up with a great group of women. So yes it was a VERY busy day but I enjoyed all of it!
Tuesday since Austin was off again we wanted to do something special with our baby girl. We had tossed around ideas of the Zoo or Insectarium. The Zoo b/c Doc McStuffins was going to be there. We decided to go ahead and do the the Doc thing. We had no idea it was going to be such a huge event! We had to wait about an hour to go through the whole thing and actually meet Doc McStuffins. Lindsay was very patient. I kinda wish we had Colby with us though b/c he would have gotten more out of it then she did. When it was time to meet the Doc she cried. This really came as no suprise. It was like a mini preview to Disney World! Let's hope by then she likes characters! Colby was never scared of costumes! Anyway so after we finally finished that we went to Whole Foods just to browse around since we were close by! We never get over there so this was a good opportunity! We got some pizza and salad for our lunches. We also picked up some cupcakes. Figured that would be a good treat for Colby! That afternoon we just relaxed and enjoyed family time! It was so nice to finally be home and not have anywhere to be that evening!
A busy week continued: Wednesday Lindsay and I grocery shopped and we all had church that evening. Thursday was a low key day for Lindsay and I. Friday I took her swimming then came home to rest. Look for a post about OWC @ church on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment