Thursday, December 19, 2013

Breakfast with Friends & Crazy morning

So today was just one of those days I guess...I felt like I was on edge from the moment my feet hit the floor. I hate those days b/c I know I snap at the kids over small stuff. Anyway first of all austin and I forgot to move the silly elf from Colby's room last night...AHH how many more days of this? Anyway so I told Austin to sneak in there and move it. Well lately Colby has been sleeping until almost 7 and this was 6:15 so I figured he would still be in a deep sleep. Well not so much he woke up right after! We are hoping he didn't see anything. Well Colby coming out in the morning and wanting to play games with Austin and being loud and whiney just set me off. I put him back in his room. UGH I felt bad for snapping at him but first thing in the morning is really the only alone time I get besides at night when the kids go to sleep and then I am usually too tired to enjoy it? Well I got him back out after I finished getting ready. Things mostly were going fine but it just seemed like the kids were extra needy this morning...honestly they probably weren't but with my bad mood they were. It was one of those days. I just felt like nothing was falling in place like it usually does.
Thankfully we met some friends at McDonald's for breakfast so that helped lift my mood. It was nice to visit with another mom and let our littles play for a bit. Although Lindsay and I had to go to Target and it was a crazy place! I just want to finish all my shopping and stay home for the next week?!? I hate this time of year when people get so crazy and selfish!
Also on my mind is a decision we made about our Lifegroup party and its really plaguing my mind. I feel like we are also losing friendships over it. Anyway our lifegroup was planning on a Christmas party last Saturday. We were all excited when we first heard about it b/c we haven't been able to hang out with our lifegroup much the last month. Well we quit meeting before Thanksgiving and even though they have done a few get togethers we just haven't been able to make them. We either had sick kids or other stuff going on! Well a few days before the party they started saying they were going to do $15 dollar gifts per person. Well I hated to hear this! First of all it was like one more thing I was going to have to deal with, second if I was going to do one more thing I wanted it to be something that impacted someone for Christ not exchanging presents. Well I suggested that instead we adopt a family and use our 15 dollars for that. Well no one got on board which saddened me greatly. I couldn't believe it! Well finally they decided to get on board but to still do the gift exchange as well. Well after much prayer and thought we decided to not attend the party. We wanted to make a sacrifice for a family so if we did that but still had to pay 30 dollars to attend this party just seemed like too much on top of all the other things we have going on this month. I hope we haven't lost any friends or hurt friendships but we wanted to stay true to our conviction. Thankfully we found a family to adopt and are sending a nice card their way with other donations from friends and family. We are trying to really change our ideas about Christmas. We want to give back more then we get. Anyway its still a work in progress but atleast we are working on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment