Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving Week 2013



We have had a really great Thanksgiving Break! I am so thankful for everyone being well and able to enjoy the holiday!
Monday we began our week with a trip to Lakeside to see Santa and ride the Christmas Train. Austin was off so we had a lovely family day! We went to Santa first and do their pictures! It was already crazy/crowded so I was glad we got this done early! Colby really loved this and did so well but Lindsay wanted nothing to do with the whole process! Last year she surprised us and did wonderfully but this year she kicked and screamed and cried! Finally we decided that the best option was for mommy to sit with her next to Santa. The picture wasn't perfect but hey its where we are in life with an almost 2 year old?! After pictures Colby wanted to ride the train! We have never atttempted to put Lindsay on the train until this visit. I knew when we were there with just her she would freak out but I was pretty certain that having her big brother she might just sit up there and enjoy it! Oh no she freaked out again! She is just such a timid child! Colby never went through this phase! I think had we not already scared her with Santa she might have done it so I hope to take them back before the season is over and let her try. She loved looking at it! So after this we went to the Disney Store to let Colby pick out a small gift for her. We then went to PB Kids and got her big birthday present. We didn't spend as long in the mall this time since we were just there a week ago but we still had fun. I was glad to get those 2 things done too! We ate lunch at Panera Bread and the kids loved it and ate so much! It was a wonderful family day!
Tuesday was a really cold and rainy day but the kids and I decided to get out and brave the weather anyway! You know us we can't stay home all day! We first went to order Lindsay's birthday cake. We finished that and decided to go to the library storytime in Algiers. The kids liked it ok. Colby probably more then Lindsay but I think she just enjoyed checking out a new place. We rarely get to do storytime anymore so it was nice to have this as an option this week. Ofcourse the theme was turkeys and thanksgiving so that was fun! Afterward we came home and we were pretty lazy the rest of the day!
Wednesday was our grocery shopping day! I hated to do this the day before Thanksgiving but it had to be done! The kids did really well though and the store wasn't as bad as I had thought. We came home and I let them play outside b/c it was cold but sunny so I knew they needed to get some energy out! The rest of the day was pretty chill. I had to bake cupcakes and pies for Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving day was awesome and I already blogged about that =)
Friday I wanted to do something special with the kiddos. Colby spent Thanksgiving night at my parents house so Lindsay and I went and picked him up that morning. We met our friends Honey and Max at the Children's Museum. Its been quite awhile since Colby was able to play there so I figured it was time! He had a blast! Lindsay took awhile to warm up which is pretty typical for her! She finally decided to start having fun in the grocery store. We did a few of the building exhibits which she enjoyed too with her big bro. We then went to the Toddler Area so Lindsay could get out some energy! They were having a great time! During all the fun though she climbed up the slide and fell off backwards. She hit her head pretty hard and was screaming so we made a quick exit. At this point we were thinking about leaving anyway so we could meet Austin for lunch. We did a couple more things for Colby and left. I hated we couldn't stay longer but I know they both did enjoy the time we were there and thankfully we have a membership. We picked Austin up and went to Jimmy John's for lunch. It was a nice change of pace! We haven't done that since Colby was about 2 or 3! I think the kids really enjoyed seeing daddy in the middle of the day too!
Saturday Austin was off and we had a very busy day planned! We had pictures scheduled for 8 am. We did those in Brechtel park with my friend Katie. She did pictures of Colby when he was 1 1/2 there. I am hoping we got some cute ones to use for Christmas cards. The kids did ok Colby was a ham and did great especially after last year! Lindsay did good in the end but it took her a good half hour to warm up. This 2 year old stage is soo hard! I remember Colby was the same way! After pictures we went to Pj's for a nice coffee and breakfast break! I think the kids enjoyed this! After re-fueling we went to pick out our Christmas tree! It was so fun seeing the kids run through all the trees! Christmas just gets more and more fun each year! Last year we took them both but Lindsay wasn't yet walking so we had to carry her the whole time! We came home and ate lunch and relaxed then set up the tree and outdoor lights! It was fun making memories and decorating together! I remember always loving that as a child! That evening we went out to eat and to Lowes to get a few more Christmas lights! The kids always have fun getting out like that at night b/c we don't do it often!
I can't believe Thanksgiving break has come to a close! It was a great week and I really enjoyed all the time I had with the kids! I will sure miss them especially Colby this week but it will also be good to get everyone back into their routines for awhile! I will also get a lot more done ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment