Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013







Well another Thanksgiving is in the books...come and gone! Hard to believe! It was Colby's 6th and Lindsay's 2nd! I have enjoyed reflecting this week over each Thanksgiving and how each year we are in a different place in life and how each year has been different and special in its own way!
I would have to say though that this was probably my favorite Thanksgiving in a long time! I used to get really stressed out over holidays, family, etc. I have been working on that the last couple of years and this year I feel like I had really made progress. We have really been talking a lot about Thankfulness this month and Colby is really old enough now to really "get it". I have also begun to count my blessings in the every day and not just the big blessings! Its made me view Thanksgiving and life so different! The things that used to stress me don't really bother me anymore. I feel like I've become more "relaxed" as a parent. Not in discipline but just letting my kids enjoy life!
So anyway on to our day! This Thanksgiving we once again had it at my parent's house! This is pretty much tradition except last year when we hosted it here b/c Colby was still really sick. The kids and I arrived early so that we could hang out and help my mom. I really enjoyed the time that the kids and I had alone with them. My dad got to play with the kids and I think they really enjoyed that while my mom and I cooked and reminisced of past Thanksgivings. I was so thankful for this time! Life goes by soo fast and I just wanted to really soak in this holiday! We had a pretty low key affair this year it was all family which I think made it really special. Austin's parents, his sister and husband and 2 girls and Randall and Elizabeth were our guests. I really was thankful to have Austin's family with us. It really made it more fun and special for Colby to have his cousins there! I tried to get creative this year as well and make it special for the kids. I didn't have time to do all I wanted to do but we did have Thanksgiving coloring books on the table and I think they all liked that! We sang a few silly songs and made a Thanksgiving Tree. After lunch the kids also all decorated turkey cupcakes! It was just a great day I just felt so relaxed and enjoyed watching the kids make memories with their grandparents and cousins and aunts and uncles!
I feel like I also got to visit more with the adults then most other years. With Lindsay being older and also taking a nap it allowed time for me to just enjoy myself!
All in all it was a really great day and so thankful for all we have and for the memories made!

No comments:

Post a Comment