Thursday, November 14, 2013

Breakfast, Feast, and Family Time

This Saturday we had a fun and busy schedule! Like always it seems like every Saturday we have so much going on but we always have such a good time! This Saturday we were blessed b/c Austin was able to take off and spend the day with us as well!
So our day began early...about 7am or a little before is when everyone started waking up! gotta love this time change! My kids used to sleep until almost 8 on weekends now they are up before 7! Anyway I had to jump up and get ready anyway! I had a breakfast at 8 with the Women's Ministry Team at church. This was the main reason Austin was at home to keep the kids so I could go. I was so thankful I was able to go! We discussed the fall Bible Study and the upcoming Fall study. We brainstormed ways to make these better as well. Even though we were mostly discussing/planning it was just a fun morning to fellowship with other women!
I left the breakfast at 9:30 and rushed home to pick up austin and the kids for our next stop. Our previous church was having their Annual Preschool Thanksgiving Feast. This is actually something my mom and I started the first year we were co-directors. I looked forward to going back and seeing our friends. We haven't been able to visit there since July. Colby was really excited about going back to his old church. We aren't really sure how much Lindsay remembers since she was a baby when we left but ofcourse Colby remembers! So they started the event with a few crafts. Lindsay really had no interest in this part at all. She was still being really shy at this point and just wanted Austin or I to hold her. Colby really got into the craft making! He loves this stuff! I was so proud of how well he did too! After all the children finished the craft making they had them decorate a cupcake to eat after lunch. Both of them loved this! Lindsay had already had her eye on this project so it was right up her ally! Poor thing though just didn't understand why she couldn't eat it then. Everyone ate lunch next again I was so proud of the kids. They both ate well and Lindsay sat away from us and just ate her lunch like a big girl! It was nice to visit with some of our old friends during this time. Colby had some friends there he remembered. After eating we brought the kids back to the nursery area to potty and change Lindsay's diaper. It was so cute b/c Lindsay seemed to remember that baby room. Her eyes lit up and she started pointing at everything like HEY I remember this place! Anyway they both enjoyed remembering for a bit. We took them back to the feast for the last activity which was planting a plant. They both really got into this. It was adorable how proud each of them were about their plant! Afterwards we went home to rest!
That evening we were looking forward to another family adventure! We rarely I mean RARELY go out to eat at night...its just not something we do! Its expensive as a family of 4 and to be honest not really always enjoyable to have squirmy kids hanging all over you! Well so this was a treat on a Saturday night for our kids! Ofcourse we only went to Chickfila but this is perfect dining when you have a 5 and 1 year old! It was nice to just get out the house awhile and have fun together! After dinner we went to Target to shop for our Operation Christmas child boxes. I really hope to start this tradition with our kids. This is the first year we have done the boxes and now the kids are really getting old enough to "get it". We picked a 2-4 year old girl and 5-9 year old boy. The kids had fun shopping for them both. I was so proud that neither asked for a toy for themselves also! We had tried to mentally prepare them ahead of time! This really got me into the Christmas mood! I am so excited about all the upcoming holidays this year! I mean they were fun last year but now Lindsay will enjoy them more and its just so fun getting out and doing things together!

No comments:

Post a Comment