Thursday, November 7, 2013

Fall Break

So today Colby had his first holiday off school since Labor Day. Going from the first week of September until the first of November is a really long time with no breaks! I could tell the last 2-3 weeks he really was getting tired. That much school is a lot for a little guy! I knew he would welcome a day off although he chose to go to school with his sister that day. His teacher from last year Mrs. Susan promised the kids that when they were off school they could come and be helpers in her class. I gave him a choice if he wanted to do that or hang out with mom well ofcourse he chose go to school with sister.
I think he really enjoyed being back at his old stomping grounds and being the big man on campus. I know it was a nice change of pace for him. He said they learned about the letter H. I am sure he could teach the class now! He seemed to really have a good time. I was also thankful for the break of having them both at the same place for a few hours that morning.
That afternoon the kids and I just had a nice afternoon at home. I didn't make Colby have his usual rest time. Instead while Lindsay was napping he colored and played with his train table. I think he enjoyed that. That afternoon we played outside for awhile. It was a nice break from our usual routine.
Saturday was a VERY busy day for us! Thankfully Friday was low key so we could gear up for the day ahead of us. Both kids had birthday parties that day and they were 2 that I didn't want to miss. This is one of the MAJOR downsides to having a hubby who works almost every Saturday. Means momma has to attend ALL the parties! Colby's party was first at 10 at Bounce De Lis. It was for his friend Jackson. Colby had a great time. He played with Jax, Christiano, Cooper, and some of the other boys. I enjoyed visiting with the mommas. After the party we went back to my parent's house for lunch and rest time. Colby only ate cake and icecream at the party. He ate a bowl of broccoli and cheese soup when we got in thankfully! I was able to rest and visit with my parents for a little while before getting Lindsay ready for her tea party!
Lindsay was invited to Maggie's 2nd birthday. I am so glad she has a few little girlfriends her age at church. I thought this party was going to be adorable and I was SO right! It was like a REAL teaparty. Mrs. Stefanie Conway hosted it and did an awesome job. I really wasn't sure how it would go with a bunch of toddlers and real china but the little girls were so good and nothing got broken! I was so proud of Lindsay. She was really shy for the first 5-10 min but then she warmed up and did so well! She made herself at home and ate all 3 courses! She even loved the real tea and the special juice blend Mrs. Stefanie made for the little ones! It was so cute and so fun! I love this little group of girls she has as friends to grow with! The party lasted a little over an hour. By 3ish all the little girls were getting tired. We left around 3:30 to pick Colby up. We came home and I felt like crashing! 2 parties in one day was exhausting! We just chilled that night but did take a walk that evening when Austin came home!
Sunday was church day and Austin again had to work well atleast the first part of the day. I had childcare as well so it was one of those very busy mornings. We had 10 in my class. That's a really big number for us! We had 2-4 year olds in one room. We did have 3 teachers though so that helped a lot so things went really smoothly! Both of my kids seemed to do really well in their classes also. We came home and rested that afternoon then Austin came home after lunch and he and Colby spent some time outside during the Saints halftime. We went to lifegroup that night. We brought Lindsay with us for the first time. She did pretty good but I did end up leaving with her early after the video.
It was a great, refreshing weekend for us a break from the normal routine! Now we are looking forward to a slightly slower week!

No comments:

Post a Comment