Monday, November 18, 2013

Spider Man & Stomach Bug

We had a pretty low key weekend which I guess is a good thing from time to time! This fall has been full of family stuff, church stuff, birthday parties, and various other things on Saturdays. Our Saturdays and Sundays aren't usually very restful. I know sometimes God orchestrates this stuff when we need it though. So I'll begin with friday. Friday was a low key day...Lindsay and I shopped at Target then spent the rest of the day at home just hanging out. That afternoon we picked Colby up from school and just planned a low key night at home. He was invited to a birthday party at 7-9:30 but there was no way I was going to do that. It was rainy that night and Austin worked pretty late plus it was a girl from his class that I don't really know and Friday nights we are all so tired anyway. I felt bad since he wanted to go so badly but he also has to understand we can't go to EVERY single birthday party! We ended up having a nice evening at home.
Saturday he did have a birthday party at 1. I had already talked to my friend Casee though about bringing him to the party. Being at 1 I knew it would fall right when Lindsay was napping. I was glad we worked this out though b/c Saturday Lindsay actually was sick. We stayed in that morning which was actually nice. The kids did play well together they did art, they played trains/cars, and we enjoyed the nice weather outside that morning. Poor Lindsay pooped almost all day though. I wasn't sure if she was sick or just her poor sensitive stomach? So Colby went to the party and she and I picked him up a little before 3. We stayed and visited for a few minutes but not long. I could tell Colby was sweaty and tired and with not knowing if she was really sick I didn't want to hang around and spread germs. I hated to miss the party though b/c so many of our friends were there but it seemed like Colby had a great time! That afternoon Austin got in a little early and we just enjoyed hanging out together as a family.
Sunday well we had planned on going to church but Lindsay woke up that morning not feeling good at all...she basically spent the entire morning curled up in a ball. I was pretty worried about her but she was eating/drinking so I knew she had to be pretty ok. I figured she must have been nauseated b/c she was pale and just seemed to want to keep really still. After naptime though she seemed back to herself thankfully. Austin made him home early to watch the Saints 3:30 game. Well by that point I was starting to not feel good. I ended up being nauseous and sick the rest of the night. So apparently Lindsay had a 24 stomach bug. I feel better today (Monday) but still not 100%. I am really praying Colby doesn't get it though! Both kids went to school as planned though b/c Lindsay hasn't had anymore diarrhea since yesterday and she never ran a fever and is acting like her old self. We are going to spend the day in though helping everyone get better then hope to take Lindsay on a special outting tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment