Sunday, November 10, 2013

Aquarium Playdate & Days with Lindsay

Tuesday Lindsay and I had a fun little playdate with her friend Maggie and her 2 brother's. Maggie's second birthday was that day. I invited her momma and kids to do something fun and we chose the aquarium. I told them I could get them all in on our membership pass so that worked out great. Lindsay and I arrived a little before them. We went on in and started checking out some of the front areas. I didn't want to go too far b/c I knew they would text us when they got there and we wanted to meet them. We started out downstairs and Lindsay's favorite part was the big Gulf tank with all the big fish and sharks and sea turtle. She oohed and ahhed and said shark shark shark and fish fish fish. She actually got out of her stroller for the very first time ever at the aquarium! She usually is too shy and scared to get out. I was so proud of her for walking around and checking things out. She really loved climbing the stairs.
Once our friends got there we repeated a lot of what we had seen. By this point Lindsay was a little over the walking too...she did a little walking and a little playing with Maggie. She finally got over being stubborn and started playing in the boat section but then our friends were ready to move on so she pitched an epic fit! I've really learned to just tune her out though I just mostly feel bad for those around us. Had this been Colby at this age I would have gone crazy and probably taken him to the bathroom and spanked him but age and having 2 kids now I just ignore my little drama queen! She finally got over it. We spent about an hour and a half total then it was time to go! It was a fun and nice time with my sweetheart! I think she really did enjoy seeing the sharks ...for some reason she is into sharks and cows??
Lindsay and I also had time together on Thursday. We spent a little while at Barnes and Noble sipping coffee and playing trains and looking at books. I really do love this age and our little outtings. I mean this time last year we had outtings together but she was still baby and not as interactive. Anyway I am trying to soak up her toddler/preschool years b/c now I miss Colby so much and I know it won't be long before she will be in kindergarten too! We spent the rest of the day around the house. Oh and at Barnes and noble she suckered me into a My Little Pony...we try not to buy our kids a lot of toys throughout the year but she and I don't go shopping a lot so I figured it was ok!
Friday we had to bring Bailey to the vet. He apparently has another tapeworm. He had one back in July also...anyway Lindsay went with me. I can't remember if this was her first trip to the vet it seems like she went one other time but usually I bring Colby but she did really well. She loved looking at the bunnies and she sat in the chair while Bailey was examined! I was so proud of her! Once we got home since it was such a beautiful day and it was so nice outside I took her over to the park for awhile. This playground we haven't been to since the summer. I couldn't believe how much she had grown since that last time. She was able to do a lot more! She had a blast running and sliding! I just love these special days with her!
I forgot to mention Thursday afternoon Colby had a sweet little playdate as well. We brought Ella home from school. She is the pastor's daughter but she and Colby are in the same class. They have been friends now for a little over a year. We have been trying to get them together the last few weeks and its been one thing after another so we finally made it happen on Thursday. She rode home with us from school. She and Colby were adorable talking in the backseat. They came home and ate snacks and did their homework. They then colored, played in Colby's room, and then we all went outside for awhile. I was impressed at how well they got along. I don't think they ever disagreed about anything. It was so sweet! I think Lindsay enjoyed the company as well! She stayed for about 2 hours. It was a nice change of pace for Colby I think. I hope to do this more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment