Friday, November 1, 2013

Farm Day & Halloween 2013









Yesterday was a very fun and busy day for the kiddos and myself! We first began our day with Farm Day at Colby's school. They do not celebrate Halloween so they instead have the kids dress up like farmers or cowboys and do all kinds of fun fall activities. I signed up to help ofcourse so I dropped Colby off in carpool then went to get settled. I am thankful for my mom and dad who kept Lindsay. In another year she probably could have stayed with me but this year she was just too young and still getting over being sick I felt like I wouldn't be able to focus as well with her there. Plus like I've always said I like to make each kid feel special when its their thing! I was assigned face painting and thankfully my friend Casee and Stephanie were too so I had lots of people to talk to and pass the time while we painted hands and faces! It was fun being around the kids. Days like that def make me miss teaching! I enjoyed watching Colby's class. I love thinking that hopefully he and some of these kids will still be together in 7th grade! He had a blast!
They were able to do face painting, guess the candy corn, a maze, pumpkin patch, trunk or treat, and the highlite was the ANIMALS! They had a traveling barn. It inclued goats, sheep, chickens, a mini horse, baby cow, puppies, bunnies, chicks, and ducklings! So adorable! Ofcourse Colby and the other children LOVED this! I was glad to spend a few moments with him during this time and a few minutes in his classroom before I left around 11.

Halloween night was another fun and memorable time! I can't believe this was Colby's 6th Halloween. I think it was his fourth time trick or treating! He ofcourse is a pro at a it. This was Lindsay's 2nd year of both. They both absolutely loved dressing up! We have started a tradition in the last 3 years of hosting Halloween night at our house. Usually my parents and brother and sister in law come over sometimes some neighbors and a friend. The past 2 years we invited Colby's little friend Max over. Well they now live across the river and the boys rarely see each other so we invited a church family instead. We invited Pastor Rick who is our children's minister over. He has a 4 year old daughter Addison who is friends with Colby and a 1 year old daughter Mackenzie who is friends with Lindsay. Our kids get a long so well so we knew it would be fun! The 4 kids had a blast going around the neighborhood. We pretty much only stopped at people's houses we knew. Colby and Addison walked around all night holding hands and Lindsay and Mackenzie rode in the wagon. I think Lindsay thought she was really big stuff! About halfway through though Colby got really hot and had to get out of his costume. I felt so bad for him you could tell her got really overheated and even a little dehydrated. Once we got home though he really perked up again. The kids all ate great! After they ate they enjoyed playing for a little while. Colby and Addison played in his room and the little girls were dying to get back there but ended up playing with shopping carts and strollers! We are so thankful for good friends and a fun and safe night just to let the kiddos have fun! Another great year Lots of great memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment