Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Break

So we are really enjoying Christmas break now! Now that Colby is in school full time the holiday breaks mean so much more! I really look forward to them and cherish them! Yesterday afternoon we enjoyed playing outside! It was so nice outside...70s and very breezy! I enjoyed just letting the kids play. We don't normally go out much during the school week b/c we just have to much to do! Anyway I think they really enjoyed the fresh air and it helped tire them out by bedtime!
Saturday was our first full day off school. We woke up a little after 7 and got busy getting ready and eating breakfast. We met a friend and her little girl Esther who is 1 at the mall to play. It was a nice change of pace for the kids. I think they both really had fun. Colby and Lindsay play soo well together now! Its SO nice! They can pretty much entertain themselves! Usually when I bring Lindsay by herself she gets bored pretty easily. We stayed for over an hour which was nice just to get out the house and let them burn off energy. Afterwards we had a couple of errands to run! The kids did really well and I am thankful for that! The rest of the day will be pretty quiet. We will probably hang out and watch movies b/c the weather looks like it will get nasty.
Today has been another great day! Today we ventured over to our old church. We like to go visit there around the holidays and my parent's birthdays. We decided this year it would be fun to go this particular Sunday b/c they were having a Happy Birthday Jesus party for the chidren. With my mom being over the nursery she was a big part of this. Colby was very excited to go back. He spent the first 4 years of his life at this church so it still means a lot to him. Lindsay doesn't remember as much. He did great going to his class. His 2 teachers he still knows very well so he was very comfortable. Lindsay was now in the 2 year old class which she has never been in. I tried to just let her go in and leave her but she flipped out and was crying, screaming, and kicking the door. Again my child humbles me b/c the very things I said I wouldn't do I am now doing. Well first I went in and sat just to see if she would warm up. She stuck close to me. Finally the teacher said she would get bubbles out if I left so I took that as my cue to leave. Well she screamed and cried...I tried to let her work through it. I waited over 5 minutes but I felt bad. Now I would never let her get by with this if this were our regular church b/c she goes to our church and school just fine. But this was all new to her so I understood it could be frightening for her. I finally gave in and went to get her. I am not sure if the teacher was upset but I really couldn't let her scream and kick and cry like that. Plus I didn't want it to disrupt the rest of the class. My mom took her back to the 1 year old room so she started having a blast. She even let us leave her with Jessica who worked with her when she was much younger. I was glad she was able to have fun. They did a Happy Birthday Jesus party for the last 30 min. She and Colby were both in there so it was fun to see them and hang out with them. They both enjoyed the cupcakes and little party. It was sweet! Afterwards she was having a really good time playing so I was able to slip out and go pick Colby up and head into big church. My mom did stay back there to keep an eye on her which I was thankful. I know she probably would have been fine but I just didn't want her getting scared in a place she isn't that familiar with. This was Colby's first official time to sit in big church. We have brought him in on occasion for like special music and services and a time or two when he was sick but he hasn't sat through a Sunday morning service in a long time! Anyway he did great! I was so proud of him! He stayed busy looking at the hymnal and coloring in a coloring book. Finally around the time of the invitation he whispered he was ready to go but other then that he never complained! Needless to say I was a proud momma! We did our normal McAlister's after that. It was a very fun morning and I am so glad we got to go visit our old friends and go to church there but it sure was tiring! I have no idea how we used to do that every week!
So far today has been a very fun yet busy day! We woke up early to head out to breakfast with my family. This has become a tradition for us to have breakfast at a local restaurant before Christmas. We have so many things to celebrate in December now its just become easier to just do a breakfast with everyone the week of Christmas. I think it was fun for the kids to see everyone. I enjoyed it and the kids ARE def getting easier to take out but it still felt like a whirlwind. Again why we don't eat out much b/c I hardly feel like I taste my food at all. But it was nice to see everyone and spend some time together. Just one of the many celebrations in the next few days! Afterwards we went to pick up Colby's friends Tripp and Cash. They are 6 and 4. They go to our church. Lindsay gets to hang out with them a lot b/c we have playdates with their sister Maggie a lot but Colby is usually in school. Maggie just had tonsil surgery and is trying to recoup so we thought it would be fun for the boys to come over here and give mom and dad and sister some much needed rest time. The kids had a blast! it was a great activity for them too! We played outside for quite some time! It was wonderful for our riding toys to get so much use! The kids also played inside and enjoyed themselves. They stayed until after lunch then Austin brought them home. That afternoon we relaxed. We had our new Lifegroup Christmas party that night. The kids had a blast but it was a late evening for us. They party didn't start until 7 and we didn't leave until almost 9 so the kids were 9:45 going to bed. It was fun though and thankfully Christmas break so bedtimes have been a little lax anyway! We really love our new lifegroup already. There were a ton of kids there and that wasn't even all the families. Colby and Lindsay had a great time. 4 of the kids also go to Calvary school so Colby will have some buddies! So far we are def enjoying school being out and this Christmas season!!

No comments:

Post a Comment