Monday, October 13, 2014

1st Grade & Weekend

So today I was able to hang out with Colby's class for a little while. Being a former teacher I guess I jump at any chance to go hang out with my kids at school! I was only able to do this a couple times last year due to Lindsay being home more and really I tried to volunteer but with a teacher and an assistant they really never needed much help. This year I told the teacher who is a first year teacher that I would love to come hang out with the class and help out. I let her know that Lindsay is in school 3 days a week so I have a few free hours. Anyway she said she would love to have me help out and contacted me this week about Friday. I knew it would work 10-11:30 b/c that would be perfect while Lindsay was in school. Anyway I am always excited to help out and get to see my kids in their school atmosphere.
So Friday morning was a busy morning for me. Drop Colby off, drop Lindsay off, go drop colby's book bag off at my parent's house (he was spending the night) then go up to Colby's school. They were doing Show and Tell book reports today so I was able to listen and watch them all do that! It was cute getting to see all the first graders report about their books. That lasted the whole hour so after that we went down to lunch. I stayed for that as well. It brought back so many memories eating lunch with his class. It was fun visiting with them all over lunch though!
So Friday afternoon was relaxful with just my girl. I missed Colby and our normal Friday traditions but I did enjoy special time with just Lindsay. We picked up Cane's on the way home from school as a celabratory lunch then came home and ate and napped. That afternoon we had a low key night. We played outside and watched Alice in Wonderland.
Saturday morning was nice not having to rush off anywhere. We got a few things done around the house then left to go get coffee before picking up Colby. Coffee is our "thing" She loves the coffee shop! I do believe she would pick that over typical kid places like donuts, mcdonald's, chickfila. So we picked Colby up and headed to the park. We had plans once again to meet up with friends. We met our friends Tammy and Logan and Melody and Nijel and Mia. I felt bad b/c the time before it was all younger kids so I think Colby was a little bored. This time I wanted to make sure we invited his best bud. The kids had an absolute blast and it was so awesome getting to visit with other moms. Its so nice now that my kids are ages that we can sit and visit at the park. They pretty much do their own thing with little help from me. We stayed at the park 2 hours which NEVER happens! I was glad for some active and free play and outdoor time for my littles! I loved to see them using their imaginations and muscles! Anyway so we headed home around noon. We were looking forward to a quiet afternoon of football and resting. Well unfortunately on our way home we got rear ended. Talk about a bummer! It was ok though the man was super friendly and right away admitted fault and it wasn't bad just a dented/scratched bumper and back tailgate. It could have been much worse! I have tried to view this as a life lesson for not only austin and I but for my children too. A few years ago I would have totally freaked but I know God allowed this to happen for whatever reason. We are so blessed to have a nice car to drive around in and if we have to be inconveinced for a few days it will make us appreciate our well taken care of safe vehicles that much more! That afternoon was spent on the phone with insurance people and watching football. Not what I had hoped but we still had a nice day.
Sunday thankfully austin was off. We all went to the late service together. I was asked to fill in for someone for the late service. It was nice to have a slower paced morning and not to have to rush off somewhere. I taught the preschoolers and we had 12 children so it was quite an active morning! I did take the 6 youngest ones out though to the Playroom which worked out well for them to burn off energy. After church we went with some friends to get po-boys. Lindsay was in a foul mood all morning which made my stress level go through the roof! I think she was just hungry and tired and out of sorts with us going to the late service! It was def not something I could do every week! We enjoy getting home at 11! Anyway that afternoon was nice we had a little time to relax and hang out outside. I love weekends and cherish my time with the littles!
Upcoming: This week is going to be a busy one with school and church activities! Also with trying to get the van fixed! Lindsay has school pictures and Colby has awards and conferences!

No comments:

Post a Comment