Sunday, October 26, 2014

October Weekend





I just love the mont of October and we have had a very fun and busy one! I hate to see this month coming to a close in a week! This weekend has been filled with fun just like the last several!
Friday afternoon after school Colby had a birthday party for a little girl in his class. I thought a Friday afternoon birthday party was kind of a neat idea. Get it over with haha! It was 4-6 at a local bounce place. Although I did honestly think about skipping it b/c I do love my LAZY fridays but we skipped his last class party so I didn't want to become anti-social plus I knew he really wanted to go! I think its important to get to know the parents and kids he's with 5 days a week! Now that Lindsay is older and enjoys outtings too I brought her along. A year ago I probably would not have but I knew she would enjoy it. I had hoped to only stay an hour but we ended up being there the whole time. Lindsay ran around and didn't cling to me at all which was super nice! She used to be scared of the inflatables! I was able to visit mostly with Nijel's mom. I was a little disapointed in some of the parents discussing the teacher and school issues. I just don't believe a birthday party with that many people around is the time to do that! Anyway we stayed the whole time and the kids had a blast! We got home around 6:30 and had to still feed them dinner b/c my crazy kids refuse to eat at b-day parties! Afterwards we did let them stay up and watch The Lego Movie after bath. It was a tiring day but a good one!
Saturday Austin was off which is awesome! Its been so nice to have him home on Saturdays lately! Lindsay's little school had Family Day at the pumpkin patch that day. I wanted to go and suport the school and church that has helped our babies for the last 5 years! We had a lazy morning since we didn't have to leave until 10:30. The kids watched Planes and Austin and did some things around the house. The kids had a blast at the Festival. They loved just running through the pumpkins and playing games. They also got to pick and paint a pumpkin. There was a cake walk and Colby won! Ofcourse Lindsay had to have her cupcake too and she actually ate the whole there where Colby only took a couple bites! They also jumped in the bounce house and just enjoyed the scenery. We stayed a little over an hour. After we left we went to Moe's a new place to eat. Again fun just to eat and hang out as a family. After lunch we came home to watch football and rest. We hung out for a couple hours inside then the boys got busy doing outside work. Well all went out around 4 to carve pumpkins and decorate for Halloween. Again more fun family time! I hope our kids always remember these days! They are so special! Especially as they are growing SO fast!
Sunday Austin had to go back to work so it was just the kids and I. It was the first Sunday in awhile we were able to just go to first service and come home. So we are enjoying a long afternoon at home. We will play outside later and also work on school stuff at some point. This weekend has been fun but not too teribly busy so I feel like we are rested before the school week!
This week there will be lots going on with our regular routines on top of Farm Day, Halloween Parties, and Trick or Treating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment