Sunday, October 5, 2014

A week of Blessings

So after a hard week last week I feel like this week has been so wonderful! Its been a full and busy week but I love this time of year!
Monday-Grocery shopping and then a family dinner outside that evening of hamburgers and fries! Love having Austin home on Mondays and having a big family dinner and having it outside on a nice fall night was added bonus! Oh and both kids had school!
Tuesday-I had Bible study and Lindsay went to my parent's. Austin was home but he worked around the house painting. That evening we had lifegroup. It was a great ending to our series on work. I love going and learning and fellowshipping with friends!
Wednesday-The kids had school. I came home and worked around the house and relaxed. It was a blessing to be able to have a low key day since Wednesday nights are crazy busy! We really enjoy being back at church though! The kids have a blast running around with friends! Its also been a sweet blessing having my parents back at church with us and seeing them mid-week like that! Our preschool class had 4 kids but I am really loving this time with them to truly get to know them and teach! Its been wonderful so far!
Thursday-Lindsay and I went to the library that morning. It was fun looking for books with her. This was something Colby and I did a lot when he was in that 1-3 age range so I am enjoying teaching her about the library and instill a love for books. We picked out a bunch of books to read over the next few weeks! Afterwards I had a meeting at chickfila for Children's Ministry! It was fun having Lindsay alonge. I want her to love serving in the church too so its neat to have her around for some of this! I felt blessed getting to meet with Laekan and Tammy. Such a pleasure to serve our Lord and work with preschoolers with these ladies! So that afternoon right after getting home I did get a dreaded "text" from Laekan. As soon as she arrived back on the church campus she got word Colby was throwing up. So I had to rush up there to pick him up. I worried we might be starting with a stomach virus! It ended up him just getting overheated at recess. I have to admit I loved having him home early! Honestly I wish every Thursday was early dismissal like that! It made our afternoon/evening feel so much longer. We didn't have to rush through homework and dinner.
Friday we woke up to stormy weather and Austin feeling really really bad. He was nauseous and dizzy. He wasn't sure if it was a stomach virus or something he ate or what! It was actually a little scary for us! Anyway at that point I decided that I might just keep the kids home from school. With not knowing what was going on with Austin and bad weather I had told myself I would just let Colby sleep and if he slept too late to go to school well we would just skip! Well sure enough he slept until 8. We skipped school and just enjoyed a slower paced morning. I figured since his "perfect attendance" was wrecked from getting checked out the day before it was WHATEVER at that point! I ended up taking the kids to Target with me since that is what I had planned. I enjoyed just hanging out with them. We bought Colby's halloween costume and a few fall items for them both! We came home and Austin still wasn't feeling well. He finally decided he should see a doc. My parents brought him to urgent care b/c we felt it best for me to stay home with the kids and get them fed and rested for naptime. Anyway Austin got home around 2:30 and we all just chilled. It turned out he had a really bad ear infection! poor guy! The kids and I were able to play outside. Oh and Colby and I did Math and Phonics at home which I really enjoyed teaching him from home. Honestly I wish we could do part time school like maybe a 4 day week and I would homeschool 1 day a week. I love learning with him and its fun just to get my teaching out that way! That evening we all got out to go pick up Chickfila for dinner. After dinner the kids had their baths then we let them stay up for Friday night movie. This week was Ariel's Beginnings. I chose it for Lindsay b/c she is Ariel obssessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment