Monday, October 6, 2014

The Weekend Story

Friday we woke up to stormy weather and Austin feeling really really bad. He was nauseous and dizzy. He wasn't sure if it was a stomach virus or something he ate or what! It was actually a little scary for us! Anyway at that point I decided that I might just keep the kids home from school. With not knowing what was going on with Austin and bad weather I had told myself I would just let Colby sleep and if he slept too late to go to school well we would just skip! Well sure enough he slept until 8. We skipped school and just enjoyed a slower paced morning. I figured since his "perfect attendance" was wrecked from getting checked out the day before it was WHATEVER at that point! I ended up taking the kids to Target with me since that is what I had planned. I enjoyed just hanging out with them. We bought Colby's halloween costume and a few fall items for them both! We came home and Austin still wasn't feeling well. He finally decided he should see a doc. My parents brought him to urgent care b/c we felt it best for me to stay home with the kids and get them fed and rested for naptime. Anyway Austin got home around 2:30 and we all just chilled. It turned out he had a really bad ear infection! poor guy! The kids and I were able to play outside. Oh and Colby and I did Math and Phonics at home which I really enjoyed teaching him from home. Honestly I wish we could do part time school like maybe a 4 day week and I would homeschool 1 day a week. I love learning with him and its fun just to get my teaching out that way! That evening we all got out to go pick up Chickfila for dinner. After dinner the kids had their baths then we let them stay up for Friday night movie. This week was Ariel's Beginnings. I chose it for Lindsay b/c she is Ariel obssessed!
Saturday we woke up to gorgeous fall weather. I had decided the kids and I def needed to get out and enjoy the day! I have been dying to go back to the Farmer's Market ever since Stephanie and I went a couple weeks ago! Since I ran out of time during the week I figured it would be a fun Saturday activity and fun to bring my parents along with us. I think the kids enjoyed it especially Colby. He was a big help counting out the right amounts of fruits and veggies to put in our "box". It was such a beautiful fall day for this too! I just love the energy and excitment fall brings!! After the market we decided to also take the kids to the mall. This was another "fall" activity I wanted to check off our list! Its always been tradition to take them out there to see/ride the train. Well Lindsay has never ridden the train I don't think. She's always been to scared. Well finally as I thought she would atleast ride it with Colby he decided now he was TOO big to ride it! Oh my mommy heart broke! I cannot believe my baby boy is saying he's too big for certain things!! Anyway I thought they both might changed their minds after seeing how fun it would be. NOPE! Neither one! I guess when you have been to Disney things like this just seem too boring for my world adventureres. But they did still enjoy looking at all the decorations so that made it worth it! Afterwards we made our usual stop into the Disney Store. The grandparents decided to buy the kids a little treat. Colby got a plane and Lindsay got more princesses! I also got some Ariel shoes for my sweetie to go with her Halloween costume. I figured since we bought the costume at low cost we could spring for some fancy shoes! After the shopping we went to eat in the Food Court. Again this is always a treat for the kids. We had just had chickfila though so we opted for Subway. After eating we headed back home. Colby had a playdate and there was a lot of good college football to be watched =) It was nice having a couple of quiet hours with Colby being away with a friend. I am so happy he has a buddy to go play with on Saturdays! We picked him up around 5 and came home and had dinner and watched more football!
Sunday Austin was off which is always great! I had childcare though so we didn't get to sit together in church. We had about 8 or 9 preschoolers and most of them were 2 year olds so it was a little crazy. I always enjoy teaching them though and love having that time to interact with Lindsay and her friends. After church we ate lunch at BWW and then came home to watch the SAINTS game. Colby was invited to a b-day party at 1:30. But I had a couple issues with this: 1) I didn't agree with the theme (Zombies?) and 2) I really prefer not to do Sunday afternoon parties b/c we try to focus on Worship, Rest, and Family on Sundays. Plus honestly at 1:30 after church really wasn't my ideal time to go hang out at the park with a bunch of 6-7 year olds anyway haha! And Colby never even asked to go! The afternoon was nice we were able to spend time outdoors and go for a walk!
I feel very refreshed after the last 3 days! It was nice having the kids home for an extra day added to the weekend! I think that "mini vacay" will help us from hitting fall burn out! This upcoming week is back to our busy routine of grocery, Bible study, lifegroup, school, Wednesday church!

No comments:

Post a Comment