Saturday, October 18, 2014

First Quarter Conferences and Awards

So today has been a super busy day for us! It started out with Awards day for Colby. I was so proud of him for making Alpha Honor roll this quarter. Last year he only made Honor Roll once and it was Beta. I really don't care that much if he gets these everytime or not but he has worked so hard and I have seen such a maturity in him that he def deserved it! Austin and my parents were also present for the Awards.
After awards we had to bring my van in and get the rental van. So glad to finally have that ball rolling! Its been bugging me all week driving the van! Although I know things could be so much worse. So after that Lindsay and I had to go back up to the school bc I had offered to help count money for the cookie dough orders. We did this with my friend Stephanie. Lindsay behaved so well for the hour and a half we had to do this. It was tiring but I was glad that I was able to help. Afterwards we had Parent/Teacher Conference. Even though Colby had all A's and he makes an A in behavior I still like to meet with the teacher and just hear how he's doing socially and academically at school. Its also a good time to get to know her as well. She basically said he's doing great! She said she can already see huge growth in him and that he's really well mannered in class. She did say he is quiet and she is working with him to be a little more outspoken. All in all I felt great after the meeting. I really feel like Colby has learned and grown so much in a year! I really love his teacher! Colby seems to really love her too! I really feel like I like her philosophy of teaching. Last year his teacher was firm but fair. He learned a HUGE amount and I am glad he had last year but this year not that she's not firm and not teaching them but I feel like she is focusing on the whole child and not just reading and math. It seems like she is trying to teach them how to work in groups and how to talk in front of the class. That afternoon I was really ready to relax. The evening was nice just the kids and I. We watched Aladdin and had our Friday night tradition of popcorn! It was really lovely especially after a crazy busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment