Sunday, November 2, 2014

Halloween 2014



Today has already been quite a busy day for us! I guess that is life with littles on the holidays!! So today was the first time I really had both kids' parties at the same day at the same time and had to make both! So first we got Colby to school for Farm day. We parked and got him situated and helped him pass out his pumpkin cookies. Next I brought Lindsay to school and got her settled and helped her pass out her cookies! Next up was going back to Colby's school to help out with Farm Day. This year I was asked just to help with all the students in colby's class going from one activity to another. I got there while they were at the Farm Station. This is such a hit each year having all the animals out for the students to hold and pet! Colby really loves it! He's such an animal lover! Although I don't think he quite spent as much time with them this year as last year!
They went to Trunk or Treat after that. I just walked with Colby during this time. After that the students had a restroom/water break so me and a couple other mothers waited outside for them. It was nice to just sit and visit with some other moms. These just happened to be 2 that are also signing their sons up for Cub Scouts. Last night was the first meeting. We are all very excited about this opportunity for them! I think it will really be good for Colby.
Their next stop was Chapel. Ms. Laekan did a Gospel presentation to them using a jackolantern. I am so thankful for these opportunities that Colby gets in school. I am thankful that even on Farm Day they are taught about Jesus. I hope this leads him to decided to follow Jesus one day on his own. We are just so thankful for so many people pouring into his life at such a young age.
After that they went back outside to pick a pumpkin and do the maze. They had fun just running around and playing. I was glad they just got some fun free time. I have to say though his school is very good about giving recess and outdoor time. Afterwards we left to go get Lindsay from her school. I hated we had to leave early and miss his lunch but I also wanted to participate and see Lindsay at her school. One day they will both be at school together!! Anyway we got over to her preschool and they were having recess. It was nice to visit with other moms and the teachers while they played outside.
We were able to rest and get things ready at our house that afternoon! We have had the tradition of having friends and family over to our house for hot dogs and chili since Colby was 3. Its been a wonderful tradition and so fun to see our gathering change and grow each year!
This year we invited my parents, Randall, Elizabeth, Mrs. Eva, Mrs. Doris, Melody, Nijel, and Mia. The kids were so excited to put on their costumes at 4! They ran around the house just enjoying being in costume! They were so anxious to eat by 5. Then we could hardly contain them inside until it was dark and time to get out! They really enjoyed having friends to play with and run around. We trick or treated to more houses this year then normal! The last 2 years we have ended up a little early b/c it was a school night and b/c Lindsay was so young and needing to go to bed early. This year she was SO into it! Colby loved running to the houses with Nijel. They were part of the reason we stopped at every single house with a porch light on! They were so funny! They trick or treated with us for the first half then we went on about another hour without them. Colby was so exhausted by the last house! I think Lindsay on the other hand could have kept going! It was so cute having them dressed up! Colby was Mr. Gru and Lindsay was Ariel! It was also fun being with family! This is like the kick off to the holiday season so I feel like so much fun awaits us!! I have a feeling this year is going to be really fun with an almost 3 year old and a 6 year old!!
We were also thankful Halloween was on a Friday night! The kids loved looking through their candy when they got home! Reminded me of so many nights I had as a kid! Love these traditions!! Cannot wait to see them each year as they grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment