Monday, November 3, 2014

The Rest of the Weekend

So our weekend continued to be fun and somewhat busy. Saturday we had no real plans except a birthday party to attend. It was lovely staying in all morning. I was able to catch up on housework while the kids watched Cinderella. Its so rare that we don't have to rush off in the mornings so this was quite lovely. It also helped us recover from the Halloween craziness!
We left around 12:30 to go to Jackson's birthday party. He was turning 5. Colby and Jax have been friends their entire life but don't get to hang out as much anymore just due to life being so busy. Since Jax is in prek4 and Colby in 1st grade I don't think they see each other at school much like they did last year either.
There were a lot of kids for my kids to play with at the party. They had a lot of church and school friends there. Colby did have Ella from his class and Lindsay just enjoyed running around with everyone I think. I think she mostly enjoyed Jax, Eli, and Kale who she knows from church. We stayed until about 3ish. The entire party was outside. It was a beautiful day so I think a lot of fun was had by all. I think sometimes the simple, home parties are the best. There was no schedule or agenda and I think that makes it the most fun. I think the kids just loved the outdoor time and being together! I looked around and was just so grateful for all the families my kids have to grow up together! I am thankful for the last 2 years of relationships and friendships made. Moving back over to Calvary was one of the best decisions we ever made!
That afternoon we just rested from the party and enjoyed time at home.
Sunday was church. Austin was working so the kids and I went. I was teaching. We had a good class even though I was the only teacher well besides the youth oh and one mom who stays. We had a great class with about 7 or 8 kids. It was one of those Sundays that I really enjoyed teaching. That afternoon again the kids and I just tried to rest. We had some great quality time outside then Austin came home and we had a pancake dinner! It was the perfect way to end the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment