Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

Another Thanksgiving has come and gone. Wow how fast time flies! Well this year was nice. The only thing that would have made it better would be had I not have been sick. The kids and I have been struggling with awful colds all week. They are about over it but I am right in the midst of it and pretty much miserable!
So Thanksgiving morning was busy. I had some cooking and cleaning to do before we left the house. The kids enjoyed watching the Macy's Parade while I scrambled around. Finally by 10 we were all dressed and ready to go to my parents.
This year we had a small gathering of just my parents, Ausitn's parents, and the kids and I. We got there first and were able to help my mom set the table and decorate it. She was also able to help the kids with a craft. Austin's parents got there about an hour later. We just enjoyed visiting and hanging out and watching football. The kids were really well behaved and found lots to keep them busy in Grammy's house. We played games, did art, playdough, etc. We ate a light lunch around 12. Soon after that I put Lindsay down for a nap. Had it been a lunch Thanksgiving I probably wouldn't have made her nap but since we were eating later I knew she knew she needed to rest plus it gave Colby a chance to enjoy the grandparents on his own. He was so good. I really was proud of him. He was so helpful and so cooperative the entire day. I cannot believe how much he is growing up. Once Lindsay got up it was almost time to eat. Austin got there around 3ish and we got all the food out and ate by 4. It was fun eating and visiting with our parents.
The kids ate and ran around and played. Once we finished up dinner and started cleaning up I was getting very weary. I would normally be a little tired but with also being sick I was very tired. The kids were also starting to get a little cranky. We waited until Randall and Elizabeth stopped by though to speak to them. We visited with them a short bit then came home. It was a wonderful day. I loved seeing the kids so excited about Thanksgiving and being Thankful. I hate I was sick and not feeling my best or I probably would have enjoyed the day a little more.
We have so much to be thankful for though. Thankful we were all together and able to spend the day as a family. Thankful for health and for my 2 babies! Thankful for Austin and that he has a job and about to start a new one! Most of all thankful to Christ who gives us grace and the reason to live!

No comments:

Post a Comment