Friday, November 21, 2014

Aquarium Field Trip






Thursday I got to go on Colby's 2nd elementary field trip with him. I am so thankful for my job as a Stay at home Momma that I get to attend all these fun things with my kiddos. This was our first aquarium field trip. I am also thankful for the city we live in and that there is so many cool things to go see and do! I brought Lindsay with me on this field trip. I used to leave her behind when she was a baby but now that she is older and easier to keep up with I think its fun to bring her along as well! Also she doesn't go to school on Thursdays anyway and its been awhile since we had all been. Nijel's mom rode with us and it was great having her help. We met the kids there. I had to keep up with Lindsay, Colby, and a little girl Kennedy. The 3 were really good so I don't feel like I really had my hands full at all. They enjoyed most of the exhibits. Colby always wants to rush through but we did manage to lengthen our normal times a bit ;). We did spend a long while in the play area and downstairs in front of the big Gulf tank. By the end of the field trip the kids were starving!! I had a good time visiting with all the other moms too. Once we got outside for the picnic the kids were thrilled! It was nice to eat and get some fresh air!
That night Colby had his 1st Pack Meeting for Cubscouts. At this meeting he and the other 2 boys earned their Bobcat badge. It was neat to see what all goes on at a pack meeting. Each den shared what they had been working on during the month. They also did the pledge and sang "God Bless America". They ended the evening with a skit and a couple of science experiments. I think this is going to be so good for Colby. I look forward to all he's going to learn. They also got cupcakes at the very end which was also a hit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment