Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Birthday Celebrations






So Friday was my little girl's 3rd birthday. Austin was off which was nice that he got to be with us on her special day and he was a huge help in getting ready for her party. She goes to school on Fridays so we went ahead with those plans so that we could get things set up for the party. As she gets older I might let her choose if she wants to go to school that day or not. But this year I knew she would want to celebrate with friends and since it fell on the day before her party and we were hosting it here I knew I needed that time. I baked pink cupcakes with sprinkles (per her request) the night before. She was super excited about sharing that with her school friends. I am happy she got to celebrate there since not all were able to attend her party.
Austin and I were pretty busy during those 3 hours. After we picked her up we went to pick up the cake and also got her chickfila for lunch (her fav). Oh and she had McDonald's pancakes for breakfast. Honestly I hated that we fed her all that fast food on her b-day but it was a crazy day and somehow I don't think she minded ;) That afternoon we rested and continued getting things ready for her party.
That night the kids and I had an event at church Merry and Bright. It was like a one night VBS type thing. I originally didn't plan on working since it was Lindsay's b-day but once I found out it was drop off I also didn't want to leave her on her birthday either. It all worked out fine and the kids and I had a blast! Colby was over with the big kids. He was grouped k and 1st. I worked in the 3 year old class with Lindsay. We had 18 preschoolers total but once we split into 2 classes we had 9 and 9 which wasn't bad at all. We have more then that some Sunday mornings =) I think we all had a very fun time but were worn out that night. It was quick baths and off to bed!
Saturday was PARTY DAY! We had to get started early since her party was at 10. Elizabeth came to help me get the food ready around 9. Austin's parents and mine got here around 9:45 and then it was time for GUESTS! We had 7 girls and then Colby and Nijel were both here so there was lots of activity! I thought it was the perfect amount of friends though! Kept it from being too overwhelming. Colby actually had a Cubscout thing that morning where they sang at a nursing home. I hated I couldn't be there for that but it was a nice thing for him and Austin to do together. It also gave him a chance to get out of the house a bit while we got ready for the party. They got back though right about the time the party started. Nijel and Colby played together in his room most of the morning. They did come out for lunch time and cake though. I was glad he was able to have his best friend here while Lindsay had her party going on. I think everyone really had a lot of fun. The girls did some crafts then had lunch (tea time) and then played and opened presents. I think they all loved playing in Lindsay's room. I am so thankful for her little group of friends. It was a very fun time! I think we had another b-day party success!
That afternoon we relaxed. We didn't do much the rest of the day but play outside and watch movies and play with her toys. It was nice to have a break from the madness of life!
Sunday we had church. I was able to switch with someone so I could go into church. It had been over a month since I had been in there. It was nice being with my parents and just having that worship time. They also had Baby Dedication and I always love seeing that too! Again that afternoon we had nothing planned so it was great to just relax and play with the kiddos!

No comments:

Post a Comment