Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Parties & Grammy's B-day

This past Friday both kids had their Christmas parties. Its very busy when they both fall on the same day. I actually preferred last year when they celebrated on different days. This year has been so busy I decided to not really go all out like I usually do well by go all out I really mean baking sugar cookies for the class. I decided I would do Olaf string cheese for Colby's class and candycanes for both. With Lindsay's school you sign up for 2 parties a year and I signed up for Thanksgiving and Easter so I actually wasn't committed to her school although I would love to go to each one of her parties. I had asked Colby's teacher earlier in the week if she needed parent help and she said yes. Last year it was low key and no parents were really even invited but this year I looked forward to hanging out with him. I get a lot more time with Lindsay right now then him so I thought it would be special. We had a rocky start to the morning but things ended up going well. He really seemed to enjoy all the stuff they did at their party. They were split into 3 differnt groups 1st-3rd. They rotated through the 3 classrooms and the teachers had different games or crafts for them to do.
Afterwards they went back into their room for a movie and snacks. This time was a little crazy with all the food that the kids had brought. It was very overwhelming! I was glad I brought string cheese b/c there were SO many sweets. After the movie and they passed out their class treats I brought Colby home early. There was still another hour left but I couldn't imagine staying there that long...plus we had to pick up Lindsay.
We went to Lindsay's school and hung out with her for a few minutes. It seemed like she had a really great time at her party and left with lots of goodies! I just cannot believe our 3 year preschool and 1st grade year are half over!
That evening we looked forward to our night at home. We did our usual movie. The kids have become obssessed with Home Alone so that is what we watched.
Saturday was my mom's b-day. My new goal is to always visit my parents on their b-day. We don't really do gifts anymore or even cards so I figure a visit from their grandkids is the best present anyway. We got over there around 10. The visit was to also make sugar cookies. Since we weren't able to do this for school I still wanted the kids to get to make and decorate them. It was a fun family day. We were over there for a few hours and Randall and Elizabeth also stopped by. It was nice just having us all together like that for my mom.
We rested that afternoon and that night went to the Pelicans Game. Austin got tickets from work so we thought it would be a fun family night. The kids had a blast! Colby has really gotten into sports lately and loved watching the game. I think Lindsay was just happy with a night out on the town. We left the game by the end of the 3rd quarter. We decided while we were out it would be fun to take the kids for icecream. We went to Creole Creamery which was a treat for everyone. Loved our little family outting!
Sunday was a big day. Colby was debuting in his first Christmas play. He was chosen to be the last inn keeper in the Christmas Story. This play was put on by our children's ministry. We had to be there early and stay for both services. I taught during the first service but was able to sneak over and see him for part of it. We had a good morning with the preschoolers. I was glad to be back after missing a couple of weeks. During the second service we brought Lindsay in to see her brother. We only stayed until after his part then left since it had been such a busy/long morning. He did so good though and we were so proud! All the children did fantastic! For lunch we went to eat with my parents to continue celebrating my mom's b-day. It was a wonderful day! So enjoying the first few days of Christmas Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment