Sunday, April 3, 2016

Easter 2016

It's hard to believe another Easter has come and gone. We had a wonderful time. Friday we had the Good Friday service at church. Its so special to get to go as a family. It was a beautiful evening and a beautiful and meaningful service. Colby got to sing in church. I love when the kids are able to sing in church. Colby went to sit with his friend Makyrin about halfway through church. Its bittersweet to see him growing up. He's so into his friends right now. I know its all a normal, healthy part of childhood but sometimes I just wish I could turn back time and make him 2 again! Lindsay did well sitting through service as well. 
Saturday Austin was off and it was nice to know we had a whole day together as a family. We slept in and took it easy first thing that morning. Austin then went outside to do yardwork and I had to take a trip to the grocery store. He kept the kids here while I shopped. I was glad they got some outdoor time while he worked. We ate lunch and just hung out that afternoon. It was nice to have this slower paced day. That afternoon the kids and I worked in dyeing Easter Eggs. 
Sunday morning we woke up to horrible rains. It was kind of sad that it rained and stormed on Easter. We know though that despite the weather we have so much to be thankful for. It just felt like an off Easter though. The only one I could compare it to was the Easter we were all sick. Even though we were all healthy just with the rain things felt off and scattered. The kids did their baskets that morning. We got dressed and headed out the door. Usually I would stop and do pictures but with it pouring and I just never even though to do pictures inside. Church was wonderful but also very busy! It was a different morning with it being Easter and had a different plan. The kids rotated to different stations throughout the morning. We had about 20 kids! It went well but it was very hectic! They learned the Easter story as we went through the stations. It was fun though! I was glad we had so many children there! After the first service they did an Easter Egg hunt. Again with the rain it had to be moved indoors. It was again crazy but worked! I took Lindsay into church for the 2nd service and Austin met us. We got to place some flowers in the cross but never got our picture with it. Colby chose to stay upstairs for the 2nd service. Again---he's super into friends right now. The service was beautiful and I was thankful to be in there. 
After church we went straight to my parents house. It was a quiet Easter lunch this year...especially after the big one we had last. It was just us and my parents and Randall and Lizzie. It was nice though that it was low key. We ate lunch and mostly visited. I hid the eggs for the kids then they took turns hiding them for each other. We got home late that afternoon and were all pooped! I was thankful to have one more day with them before school! 

No comments:

Post a Comment