Wednesday, March 30, 2016

The REST of the Break

So spring break has still been ticking a long here. We are enjoying this lengthy break. Wednesday when we got home from Hattiesburg we all stayed busy unpacking and getting things ready for the rest of the week. That evening we went to church. It was nice to get back into that routine. We had dinner as a family! Austin and Randall and Elizabeth were there! Oh and I also need to mention that Wednesday was my b-day! It was nice to be with everyone on my special day! Also my sweet little preschool class planned a party for me! I melted over this! It was so sweet! They had cupcakes and party hats! We took them outside for the majority of the evening. I like now that there is daylight savings time and longer days we can do that! 
When we came in I did the Resurrection Eggs and read an Easter story. It was a fun night! That night the kids went home with my parents. It felt strange getting home on a Wednesday night and not having to bathe and get kids ready for bed. 
Thursday I slept in and took my time getting ready. It was nice to have that alone time. I went to the library and Target. It was nice having a little time to myself. It stormed that morning though. I got lunch for myself and ate in peace before going to pick them up. When we got in we had nap time. I was still pretty tired from the trip and I knew since they spent the night out they needed the down time. That evening we just hung out at home. It was finally nice to have a night at home and a night off from the busy. 
Friday we slept in again and then I took them to a park. We met Lindsay's friend Ebbie there. It was nice to enjoy the beautiful weather and sit and visit with a friend. We were there 2 hours. The kids had a blast! We came home and rested since we had church that night. 
Monday was our last day of break! I have really enjoyed the downtime and sleeping in! We ate breakfast and enjoyed a leisurely morning. We got dressed and headed out to the library. They needed some new library books and plus that's always an easy thing to do. We hung out there for about 30 min. Lindsay enjoyed sitting and coloring and Colby sat and looked at his books. After we went to Chickfila for lunch. I had promised them a lunch out. Also they were surprised b/c their friends Nijel and Mia met us. It was a nice way to end the break. We all loved having friends to visit with. We stayed over an hour. Then before coming home we had to make a quick stop at the grocery. We all rested that afternoon though. 
I cannot believe how quickly the break went but it sure was nice to have them both at home this year at the same time! We did a lot of fun things and I am thankful for that time! We have about 6-7 more week of school before summer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment