Sunday, March 20, 2016

Longer Days and the Coughs

With the time change and lovely spring weather we have been enjoying the outdoors and even eating out there most nights. Sunday night we had my dad over and we grilled and ate on the back patio. 
Monday the kids went to school and Austin and I were busy doing our usual Monday things. I went grocery shopping then the appraiser and electrician showed up. Things were quite busy. That night we cooked chicken tenders and mac n cheese and once again ate outside. On top of that we have also been taking walks. 
Tuesday everyone was in school again. I had Bible Study. Tuesdays are such busy days. I also have had a allergy cough and by Tuesday I could tell it was turning into more of a sinus head cold and a bad cough. After Bible study I had to stay and count money for the school. It was a long and busy day. That afternoon I had a conference for Colby. His teacher said he's doing well but he's hit the 3rd quarter slump. This happens every year. Its like he's tired and quits trying. He had 2 Cs this quarter. One in reading and one in spelling. I told her we were really going to work on this for the 4th quarter. Honor Roll isn't a big deal to me but I would love to see him get the Beta for the 4th quarter. All in all he's doing great though! That afternoon we came home and cooked dinner. Austin got home early which was super nice! We once again all ate outside. 
Wednesday my cold was getting worse. I was thankful for a low key day. I knew I wouldn't be able to make church that night. I hated missing but I knew it was what was best for me and the rest of us. The time change in addition to all having this allergy sickness stuff we've all been very tired! It was nice to stay in and just enjoy some down time. We stayed inside though to try and recuperate. Austin also got diagnosed with walking pneumonia. 
Thursday was a busy day for me and I wasn't really feeling good at all. Lindsay had a St. Patty's day party and Colby had awards day. This quarter he got Perfect Attendance. We strive really hard for him to get that atleast 1 quarter out of the year! I had to drop him off, drop Lindsay off early, go back and see his awards then go bake cookies with my mom for their Easter parties. That afternoon I tried to rest and take it easy. We picked Colby up and again I tried to relax a bit since I wasn't feeling well. Austin got home early and brought Colby to scouts. I was so glad b/c I didn't feel like getting out at all. Plus I still had preparations to do for Lindsay's Easter party. I enjoyed my time with Lindsay too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment