Thursday, March 24, 2016

Spring Break Kick Off

We are officially on Spring Break here! Its so nice to have this slow down time in the middle of March. So on Friday both kids had Easter Parties. It was one of those days I felt torn not being able to be with both at the same time. Thankfully for having grandparents in town they went to Colby's while I went with Lindsay. I was thankful to get to be at her school since this was her last official party there at AUMC. I am so emotional about this! We have been at this sweet school for 6 years! I remember how hard it was just to say goodbye with Colby now saying goodbye and not returning! Anyway it was a busy morning. I got both kids to school then came home and got the party stuff ready before heading back up there to Lindsay's school. I got there and her class was playing. It was neat to see them in action. I soon got everything set up for their little snack time. I brought cookies, strawberries, string cheese, and pretzels. I think the kids enjoyed it all. After they ate I was in charge of hiding their Easter Eggs. I got them all hid and then they came out and quickly found them all. We had to hide them under the breezeway since it was starting to rain. After they quickly found the eggs we went back to their classroom and they played Easter Bingo. I had remembered this from when Colby was 4. Just watching their whole process it made me want to teach there one day!! We shall see what God has in store! She also read a couple of Easter books before it was time for them to go. We picked up Colby and then came home and took it easy that afternoon! It was lovely having a low key start to spring break! 
Saturday we got up and decided to go to the Aquarium. I wanted to get them out the house since it seemed we had been in a lot lately. We got there though and it was super crowded. We rarely go on Saturdays and I clearly remembered why! We stayed about an hour before we were all ready to go! I still didn't feel great and I think the crowds were making the kids uneasy. I was a little disappointed they didn't have more fun. We went home and took it easy the rest of the day. 
Sunday we got up and ready for church. Lindsay was singing at Aurora for Palm Sunday. This is the 2nd year they have done this. Its been a sweet little tradition. We love that sweet little church. This year Austin had to work so my parents met us there to see Lindsay sing and to help out with the kids. We got there and realized that 2 of 3 preschool teachers were out. I told them I would help keep the kids together. So I stayed out there waiting with them while my parents went on to be seated. I enjoyed being with Lindsay and watching her little friends interact. Colby also had a part walking in with Palm Branches. He had a good time with a few of his cubscout friends. The kids sang right at the start of church service. They then took them back to their rooms to play until church was over. I stayed and helped out Mrs. Lyn since Mrs. Susan was out of town. Colby went to Children's Church during all of this. I enjoyed visiting with Lyn and also hanging out with the class. After church we had a quick lunch with my parents at Subway. We came home to pack up and continue our Spring Break fun in Mississippi! 

No comments:

Post a Comment