Thursday, March 3, 2016

Zoo Day!

So Saturday I decided the kids and I would go on an adventure! I took them to the Zoo. Something about spring coming I always look forward to taking them there. With the weather being so pretty I thought it would be fun. We had the best time too! I realized that I now have big kids!! I miss them being little but this stage/age is pretty great too! We went for the first time without a stroller. I packed a book bag with some snacks and we were set!! I let them do the guiding. It was nice to have no agenda. They loved seeing the orangutans and elephants. From there we sat down and looked at our maps and had a brief snack since it was almost 11 when we got there. They then wanted to head to the swamp area. We ofcourse spent awhile at the old oak trees and monkey hill. They also loved looking at the giraffes. We finally made our way into the swamp area. They got quite the kick out of the raccoons. We once again stopped for a snack. It was nice to just sit and enjoy the beautiful day together. Both kids were so sweet and we just had the best time. Colby always wants to see the jaguar. We spent some time in that area. We thought that would end our trip after making the back loop but Lindsay was insistent upon seeing the snakes! I think she just really wanted to aggravate her big bro! I just have to again say what a fun trip this was! I am so thankful for the ages they are now! I know I say that often but having a 7 and 4 year are pretty great! 
The rest of the day we just spent relaxing and hanging out! 
Sunday was a nice relaxful day as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment