Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Weekend Life

Oh how we love our weekends around here! Friday was a nice day. Both kids had school. I was able to check out my friend Ashley's house right after dropping Colby off. Then once I got Lindsay to school I went back up to Calvary to spend the morning at Colby's school for Dr. Seuss day. I try to always go up on special days. I went in kindergarten but for the life of me cannot remember or don't think I went last year? It was a fun morning. I hung out with his teacher Mrs. Gartman and helped her. Each teacher sets up a craft and Dr. Seuss story. Since she is 7/8 months pregnant I think I was able to be a lot of help to her. In her room they read Cat in the Hat then did coloring sheets, ate cupcakes, and took a photo. It was super cute. The middle school was in there first. I think she was feeling a little discouraged b/c its hard to please that age. They seemed/acted a little bored and rowdy. I knew though the younger kids would love her setup. So next came in 1st and 2nd grade. I was glad to get to see Colby and hang out with his group for awhile. I think he really enjoyed the day. His class was really good. Once they left the prek and kindergarten classes came in. I also really enjoyed this group b/c I knew several of them and this is the age I work with most. They were so cute! After their group then the final group was 3rd and 4th grade. I really didn't know too many of them. Once it was all over I helped Mrs. Gartman clean up then we went back to the 2nd grade class for a little while. I was glad to get to interact with Colby for a short while longer. We walked down to lunch together then I left to go pick up Lindsay. I really enjoyed the morning but I was pooped when I got home!! We relaxed that afternoon! Luckily we did b/c that afternoon/evening were busy. We had the home inspector coming at 4:30. Shortly after I got home with the kids and was in the midst of straightening things up he got here. I gathered the kids up and we went outside. I was hoping it would only take about an hour but nope he was here 2 full hours. The kids were so good during it though! I was so proud of them!  Brittany and her parents were all here during the inspection. It was great to catch up with everyone even though it was a long afternoon. Finally everything wrapped up a little before 7. We got Popeye's and settled in for the night. We started the Little House on the Prairie movie which the kids loved! 
Saturday we had a free day so I decided to invite Colby's friend Ella over to play. Well she had a soccer game at 9. I had told her mom we could get her from the game and then I would take them all to the park for a while. Colby and Lindsay loved going to the soccer fields. We ran into so many people we knew! One of Lindsay's best friends Claire was there. We also saw Lindsay's 2 year old teacher and her children. At the other game Ella and Makyrin were playing and we saw several others from church as well. I think my kids were sorta wishing they were playing! Once the game was over we headed to the park. It was a beautiful day and the kids just had a blast playing! I love just seeing them enjoy the outdoors and be kids with free play. We stayed over an hour! By the time we voted and got back home they only had a few minutes to play. That day we mostly relaxed and caught up from the busy week.
Sunday was a SUPER busy day for us! We first went to church. I had about 10 kids in my class. I had 2 helpers so the morning seemed to go pretty smoothly. After church we went straight to Aurora to eat lunch and to help with the Stop Hunger Now campaign. We did this last year as well. The cubscouts are encouraged to go and the families from the preschool. We enjoyed the meal and visiting with people we knew. The service time was great! We actually stayed almost the whole time this year. It was about 2ish when we finally left. The kids did great though! Colby actually complained more then Lindsay. he had a good time with Jackson a Tiger Cub though. Lindsay was such a trooper! I was proud of her! She never once complained or asked to leave!! I think its important for them to learn to serve at a young age. Sure they would rather be home playing or resting but they need to learn to sacrifice for others. I am glad we are able to teach this at 7 and 4. That afternoon we rested a bit but mostly spend getting ready for the week ahead. It was a long day but a good one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment