Friday, March 18, 2016

Unexpected Days

Today I was blessed with an unexpected day with my girl. Y'all I can't say enough how much I love and treasure these days. Well typically she does stay with me on Thursdays. Its my day of the week to mostly relax and hang out with her. Life is so busy and so short this time is very important to me! Well today she was actually going to go to school bc I am keeping her home tomorrow to go on a field trip with Colby's class. I like her to go to school atleast 4 days a week. 
Well this morning I was checking the weather like I always do and I noticed it said 100% chance of rain and storms around 11-12. I decided it would be best to keep her with me. I figured I didn't want to deal with storms in the midst of carpool. Plus I hate the thought of her over at school and me home during bad weather. So we made the decision and she was ok with it. We dropped Colby off and we went to Chickfila. I figured we would make the best of the day. We enjoyed our leisurely breakfast. I met another mom with her 2 girls who was nice to talk to. I told her about our church and she seemed interested so I pray she comes. I really felt like God put us in that moment for a reason. Had Lindsay gone to school I wouldn't have gone into Chickfila and wouldn't have met her. Afterwards we went to Target. Once we got home it was nice to have a low key day around the house. 
That afternoon was laid back b/c Colby only had math homework so we had a lot of free time. Cubscouts activities were also cancelled. I was sad we missed the Touch A Truck activity but also glad to not have to get out. We also found out that night that school would be called off the next day. Normally I would be super excited about this but Colby's class had a field trip planned so I was honestly a little bummed about it. 
Friday was so nice to sleep in although we woke up early to really bad storms and rain. Once the kids and I got up we enjoyed a leisurely morning around the house.  It was nice to not have to worry about being anywhere. We decided with the constant rain that we would make it a stay home day. We rarely do this so its always a welcome break. I must say the kids did awesome too! We got dressed in our comfie clothes and worked on some school work. I had Colby do a little math review and Lindsay worked on her letters and shapes. We then went outside to play. Since the weather wasn't bad just raining I figured some outdoor time wouldn't hurt. I thought they would stay in the garage but they decided that running around in the rain would be much more fun! Hey you are only kids once right?!? We came in awhile later and changed into dry clothes. The kids played and I got some housework done. We ate lunch and then took naps. I loved having this down time! I also loved having them home with me. Since they are now in school so much I truly do miss them! So this day was a treat! That night we continued with our Little House movie. 
Saturday we had another laid back morning. I knew though by this point we needed to get out. We had a productive morning and were ready to be out the house by 10. We went up to the mall. It wasn't anything big but I needed makeup and Colby needed some new khakis. My dad ended up meeting us there b/c my mom had gone out of town for the weekend. We enjoyed just walking around and visiting. We let the kids play for about 30 min in the little play area to burn off some of their crazy energy. We then went to eat in the Food Court. I wasn't anything huge but it was a sweet time with them and my dad. We came home and spent the rest of the day just hanging out and resting.
Sunday was another busy day! We got up that morning for church! We were glad to have Austin with us. Austin and I have both had these spring allergy coughs though but the 2 of us ended up teaching 1st service with the preschoolers. I love that he stays and helps me! And the kids relate to him so well! He does such a good job! After church we went for Mexican and then came home to hang out! I love Sunday afternoons with my crew! 
It was nice having a little bit of a longer weekend! Now one more week and then we will have off for spring break! 

No comments:

Post a Comment