Thursday, October 20, 2016

Busy Fall Week

So here we are winding up what has been another super busy week! I love October and all the fun stuff it brings! It sure can wear a busy momma out though! 
Monday- Austin was off...It was nice to finally have him off on a school day again. I love our family time but its nice to have couple time too. Well that morning I went grocery shopping after bringing the kids to school. When I got back and we put everything away he and I got out to run some errands. I always enjoy having him around for those things. We went to SAM's and then out to eat lunch. I was happy to get back to our lunch dates. That afternoon was busy...he went to get the kids and I stayed home and left a bit later bc I had parent/teacher conference with Colby's teacher. I was glad to get to meet with her even though she had assured me he is doing great! He had all As and Bs and 1 C this quarter! I was super proud of that! His C is in math so we are working hard on that on our off time. She said he is a wonderful student. We attributed the couple weeks worth of challenges in behavior to all that was/is going on with Austin's dad. Since then he has been doing much better. As long as he maintains positive points I told him I will be happy. That night Austin cooked steaks and potatoes for us then we took a walk. Again it was nice to have a nice family night and stay in. 
Tuesday- It was another routine day for us. Austin was back to work. I had volunteered to help the school count the cookie dough money. I met my friend ashley up there and it took us about 2 hours to get it all counted. It was nice visiting with her. I was happy to have a few hours to myself afterwards before picking the kids up. The afternoon was super hectic! We got home and did homework then ran out the door again to go to the school's open house. The kids were asked to be "model students" so we all had to be there. I picked them up Cane's and they ate outside before the open house started. After they ate I walked Lindsay to her room. Her teacher had asked a few kids to participate. I was proud of Lindsay! She was such a big girl and excited to help her teacher! I walked Colby upstairs. He split his time between the 2nd grade room and the computer lab. He of course was super independent. His friend Makyrin was there so he was happy about that. It was a wonderful evening. I had kind of been dreading it but I ended up having a great time. I enjoyed meeting some prospective families. 
Wednesday- This day ended up being a much slower day for me and for that I was thankful. Our house cleaner was supposed to come but she didn't show up. I was honestly a little relieved to have the day to myself. I love having a clean house but I don't love having to work around someone all day. I brought the kids to school then went to Aurora. We were practicing music for this upcoming Sunday to sing in church. I practiced first with the 4s and 5s then with the 3s. I finished up around 10 which was super. I stopped and picked myself up some soup for lunch and came on home. I really enjoyed the down time around the house. I was also able to rest and take it easy. I think after the busyness of the day before I was due a day of rest! My parents picked the kids up from school. I had already made the decision that we wouldn't be going to church. With being up there the night before I felt it best for the whole family if we came home to rest. Colby was upset at first but they both handled it well and I think were honestly a little relieved. They didn't have homework so they were able to spend more time outside. I was glad to get to cook jambalaya for us and just have the time to let them play. It seems like school nights are so busy for us there is rarely time for play. The only day I normally really get to see them play is Saturday. It was a nice change of pace for us all. I even let them stay up and watch Charlie Brown that night! 
Thursday- Another full day! The day began with Awards Day for Colby after dropping the kids off. This quarter he got Perfect Attendance. I was super happy for him! He's always bummed when he doesn't get anything. He is doing really well this year though bc he only missed honor roll by 2 points. I was thrilled to see him! After that I had to head over to Aurora and practice with my little preschoolers again for their singing on Sunday! I was so proud they did awesome! It was our first practice with them all together! They rocked it! I hope Sunday goes well! I know everyone will think they are just adorable! I once again finished up by about 11 so I came home and had a few hours to rest before going to get the kids. Thursdays are another busy afternoon bc we have to get homework done then dinner then head off to Scouts. I was a little worried we might not be able to go to Scouts b/c Colby had gotten 6 dojo points taken away in one day and he was hanging out at a 1. He was so happy to be back after missing 3 weeks so I was happy for him. We all went together which was nice. They spent some time talking about the upcoming campout. Once we split into dens our boys talked about some animals then did an activity about compost. I loved how into it Mrs. Melody got!! We are so thankful for her leadership. I think the boys had fun and learned a lot! 
Friday was another busy day! We had our house cleaner rescheduled for that day and I had a haircut at 11. I hated going late morning like that b/c when its in the middle of the day I feel like it takes up my entire day! I had to leave the house about 10:15 to stop by the bank first and I didn't get home until after 1:30. I was glad to have about an hour alone but that was all I got before going to get the kids. I picked them up then my parents actually got them from the school parking lot and took them home. We had scheduled them to spend the night since I had a conference at 4 and they had been wanting the kids to come over again! The conference went really well. The teacher said Lindsay is doing great! I was shocked she had this paper of formal assessments. She did pretty good on that. She still has some "math" that she needs to learn but her teacher thought it was more the way the questions were asked or that she was just shy and didn't necessarily want to talk even though she knew the answers. All in all I think we were pleased. Its such a different preschool then Aurora was though. I am just thankful she loves learning and seems to be thriving in this atmosphere. After the conference I came home to a quiet house. I missed the kids but it was nice to have a little while to myself. Austin got home around 6:30 and we ate and then took a walk. Looking forward to another weekend and ready to spend time with my kiddos! 


No comments:

Post a Comment