Monday, October 3, 2016

Weekend Blessings

This week has felt like a true hug from God. Its been a weekend that I felt we all needed. 
Friday I was able to meet a friend for coffee. I love my coffee Fridays. It helps to just sit with another mom and hear stories and know that ok we are not alone in this thing called life of raising babies! After coffee I came home and put in some work around the house. That afternoon the kids and I went outside b/c it was such a beautiful day! We were expecting Austin home early and were looking forward to dinner together. Around 5 he called though and said he would be super late coming home b/c they had a flood at work. Well since I had no dinner plans the kids and I drove and picked up Chickfila. We ate our dinner then got baths and prepared to have movie night. I felt so bad for them with Austin being away so much that he couldn't make it for movie night. They were troopers though! We watched the new Jungle Book movie and we all 3 loved it! Once the movie ended I got them tucked into bed. Austin didn't get home until around 10pm. Poor guy was so tired! 
He had planned on going to Hattiesburg on Saturday for the day but with having such a late night I think he knew he didn't need to push it plus the kids really needed him home. We had promised Colby a donut picnic b/c he brought home all As and Bs on his progress report that week. We picked up donuts that morning and brought them to the Belle Chasse park. The kids had a blast playing and eating. It felt so good to just finally be together! The kids made Austin work the whole time but I think its b/c they have missed him so much!! We stayed out there for over an hour! The weather was beautiful as well! Afterward we decided to stop at a Farmer's Market to get a few produce items as well as some pumpkins to decorate with. The kids loved this as well! I love that they still love simple things like that! 
That afternoon we worked on little projects around the house and just rested and played. It was truly wonderful! It was the type of day I had been craving for so long! I felt like we were all truly happy and enjoyed being around each other! 
Sunday it was so great to go to church as a family! I was in a much better frame of mind then the Sunday before. I worked in preschool. We had 12 kids! It was the busiest I had been in awhile but we have a great group of kids. After church we went to get Mexican and then once again we spent the day together: resting, working, and playing! This weekend was truly a gift from God. I think he saw what need we were in and gave us this time. I think it helped the kids, and Austin and I prepare for a busy week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment