Thursday, October 20, 2016

Weekend Life

I was so happy when the weekend arrived! It was such a busy week I was ready for a slow down and to take it easy. Once we got back home from the field trip Friday the kids and I were pretty beat so we were pretty lazy and mostly just watched tv. Austin brought home dinner that night and we did an abbreviated movie night. 
Saturday I was so happy to finally have a quiet Saturday morning with the kids. I did my usual blueberry muffin breakfast and we just took our time getting ready. I was able to do some cleaning which was helpful too. We were finally ready to get out the house about 10:45. We first stopped at the bank then Party City. We were in search for b-day invitations for Lindsay. We unfortunately lucked out so we went and had lunch at Chickfila. Sometimes I just really love my alone time with the kids. Its neat to just focus on them and watch them interact. After that we went to Target. We didn't find invitations but we did manage to find some other fun stuff. It was fun shopping with them. We got home and relaxing was the main thing on our agenda. I just love quiet Saturdays like that. I have so many friends who run around with sports and I am so thankful that we don't do that. I think the kids need the quiet and rest as much as I do. I love seeing them pull out all their toys and really use their imaginations. Its truly what rejuvenates me for the upcoming week! That afternoon my parents stopped by to visit with us for a bit and Austin got home early so we watched the USM game together! It was a fun evening! 
Sunday was a busy day for us. Thankfully austin was off. he had "counting" duties on Sunday. That meant I taught my class and he had to work both services. I had 6 kids I think in first service so it was pretty calm and quiet. We ended up staying for 2nd. Colby stayed upstairs and I brought Lindsay into church with me. She got restless during the sermon but Austin and my dad took her out for a bit and walked her around. We had to wait about 30 min after the sermon ended for Austin to finish up. I was proud of the kids how well they handled themselves though during that wait. Finally he came out and we were able to go eat. We went out to eat with my parents at Olive Branch. That afternoon we mostly just rested and caught up on house projects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment