Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Fall Fun

This week we are starting up the excitement of the Holiday season with all things fall and Halloween! i love how each year has been different but we always end up with plenty to keep us busy! This year life has changed a bit with them both at the same school. In the past I have been balancing life between 2 schools. 
So last night at church we had a Fall Family Festival. This was the first time they have done that since we have been back at Calvary. I was excited b/c it reminded me of the "good old days" of my growing up years. I was thankful Austin got home early and was able to attend with us. We got there a little after 5. They were offering free Cane's chicken for dinner. They had chairs set up outside so we just found some chairs and ate our dinner. Colby of course ended up sitting by his friend Nijel. Lindsay on the other hand hung close to us. Oh and they got to wear their costumes. Lindsay is Princess Elena of Avalor and Colby was an old man. They were both so cute. They were both super shy though at first. I think just the different set up and all the people around! There was a ton of people there. So after we ate they started doing the Dunking Booth. During that time the kids were able to do that or just run around with their friends. Lindsay's dress was really long so finally I found a way to "tie it up" and then she was good to go. Once I did that she was less clingy and hung out with Genevieve a little bit. 
Soon they started putting wrist bands on families and getting them in groups. This was the part of the evening I wasn't sure how it would work. We ended up being in the "blue" group. Everyone went upstairs though to the middle school hallway. Colby had a great time and was right in his element. I think Lindsay had a good time too but she was still kinda quiet and didn't quite "connect" like Colby did. Truly it was too overwhelming for the preschool crowd. I was glad my boy had fun but I was hot and wasn't feeling the crowds. We bolted before everyone grouped up together in the Jumpstart Room. I hated to miss the "lesson" part of the evening but were all tired. I knew the kids needed to get home and get headed to bed. Plus Colby had studying that needed to be done. All in all it was a fun night and I think the kids enjoyed the experiences. I love this time of year! 
Too bad I started feeling sick and really didn't feel well overnight. I think its allergies but I have a sore throat and scratchy voice. I am hoping I can get well soon and enjoy the rest of the festivities with my family.
Today I skipped music class. I really hated to do so! I was looking forward to letting them sing and do our Halloween songs one more week. I knew though if I went I would really be pushing myself. Tomorrow is Farm Day so I really want to feel good for that. So a quiet day alone is truly what I think my soul needed. 
Farm Day was a blast! I was thankful as always to get to spend a day with my kiddos. This was the first year I could stay for the whole event. In the past I have had to go pick up Lindsay or get to her school to see her at her halloween party. I was glad to have them both in the same place. I was assigned to helping with games. The game I was helping with was pretty low key. They were to find "treasures" in a pool of corn kernels with their feet. I also had some 8th graders helping me. Since the game itself was pretty low key I ended up going back and forth to see Lindsay and hang out with her. I enjoyed the first group of kids a lot since that was Colby's group. During that time Lindsay's class was having story time and checking out the decorated pumpkins. After that Lindsay's group went to see the animals. I wanted to spend that time with her. She truly loved all the animals. It was fun doing this with her after so many years of experiencing it with Colby. Her favorites were the ducking and the bunnies. Next her group went to the bounce houses. I went back to check on my game station at this point. The middle schoolers were out there then. there wasn't much I could do except fuss at a few who kept knocking everything out! I finally left and walked back over there to see her. they were getting out the space walks at that time and going to have a juice break. After they finished it was their turn to play games and do trunk or treat. During that time I hung out with Lindsay and her little friend Brielle. After they finished up they went back to class to take a potty break. Their last activity before lunch was candied apples. I loved how organized they had this station. After that we went to lunch. I sat with Lindsay and some of her classmates. Soon Colby's group came in but he just sat at a table with his friends. We ate and packed up all our stuff and came home! It was a great day and I was so thankful it was a 1/2 day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment