Sunday, February 19, 2017

Back to Life

So this week has been us getting back into the groove. After the "sick week" I was honestly a little anxious to being our week and get back to some normalcy. Plus I was craving having a little alone time to have the house to myself. 
So Monday I grocery shopped and had the majority of the day to myself at home. It was so nice! I love those days b/c I feel rested and accomplished. That afternoon Colby had a dentist appointment. That put us a tiny bit later getting in but he did great at the dentist and no cavities. 
Tuesday I had Bible study. It was nice to get back to this after missing a week. It was a really good week. I felt much better after this week. I was a little discouraged the week I had been last. After Bible study I picked up heart donuts to surprise the kids for Valentine's day. We honestly didn't make a big deal out of it...honestly we rarely do. With Austin working like crazy and us getting over being sick. We had planned to go out last Friday night but that just didn't end up working out. Anyway that night I cooked Chicken Alfredo and we had the donuts for dessert. I think the kids felt special and loved. We had gotten them Legos as a small prize as well. 
Wednesday was another low key day for me! It began with me taking a trip to SAM's. Lindsay had snack day this week so I was mostly shopping for that. That day I was able to spend another day home which was PURE Bliss! That night we had church. Again it was great to get back to another activity we missed last week. The kids were definitely excited to be with their friends! I had a sweet group of 5 littles at church. This semester so far has been great b/c I've had smaller classes and all big kids. Basically 3-5 year olds which is my passion! We just talked about how Jesus Loves children. It was a fun and easy lesson! 
Thursday...my crazy day!! So Thursdays are always my busy days but throw in kickball for Colby and it was really a day on the go! So my day began with going to teach music. I was glad to be back after missing last week. I missed the kids and it was good to see all the teachers again as well. The kids were great...although I think the 3s were the hardest. Some weeks I just feel like the songs/lessons I prepare click and other weeks not so much. Anyway after that I came home for a brief couple of hours before going up to the school. Colby had kickball. I was so excited when I found out they were going to have a kickball league at the school. Sports have never really been Colby's "thing". We have tried soccer and he hated it...we did tennis and he liked it "ok". I have never wanted to push him into "park" sports b/c 1) he didn't like it and 2) they take up so much of your week/weekend. I always said I wish they would offer sports at school and that way he could get a taste of it without it being a HUGE commitment. That's where I began m playing sports. I actually started in 4th grade. Anyway when the kickball registration came in I knew it was something he needed to try. I think it will be good for him to gain the confidence of playing with his peers and the older kids, also its outdoor time which is always great, it teaches kids winning/losing, and its just a  fun social time to be with friends. Anyway I thought the first day went great! It was a really fun atmosphere. The kids were all great. It wasn't too "serious". Colby did great kicking/running bases but was clueless when it came to "fielding". I realized we had never even really tried to teach him that part. Anyway I think he will learn more as time goes on. Lindsay also had a great time b/c there were plenty of friends for her to hang with. After the game we went on to my parent's house. We had to stop by there to eat dinner and do homework. I was so thankful for them b/c it would have been hard to stop at a restaurant and do it all. It was nice to have a little "breather" in between activities.
We went on to Scouts. It was a good night but I could tell the kids were hyper which I think really meant they were all actually tired. They were easily frustrated and very distracted. I think the adults were pretty tired as well. Fortunately this won't happen too many times where they both fall on the same night. 
Friday I had a good day. I had a dentist appointment though to begin the day. Never a fun thing...and ugh if I didn't have another cavity?!? I think this is now my 3rd. So annoying! So now I have to find time to go in for a filling after Mardi Gras. After that I met some friends for coffee at PJs. It was great to get some girl time in though but then my day went by super fast and I didn't feel like I had a lot of time around the house for much. I was thankful though that the weekend had arrived! 

No comments:

Post a Comment