Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Parades and Pals

Whew this last weekend was a blast but I am pooped! We had a nice low key Friday night and for that I am thankful. Since Thursday was so busy I had wanted to not do much on Friday. We had baked potatoes for dinner. We also did our usual movie night as well. 
Saturday we did get to sleep in also which was nice. We got ready and headed out though about 10. We went over to my parent's house for the parade that goes by their street. My mom had the kids work on making their traditional little king cakes. The kids of course were super thrilled and excited with that. Around 11:15 we decided to walk on up to the parade. Once we got there we also ran into our friends Melody, Nijel, and Mia &; David and Ebbie &; Cindy and Layla, and then my friend Stefanie and her daughter Anna Claire! It was so much fun to parade with so many people we knew. It was a short really low key parade but the kids had so much fun! Its always a really fun time. After the parade we went back to my parent's house. I was so glad that Stefanie and her little girl could also join us. We had lunch and just visited! We ended up all staying over there until about 3:30. It was so much fun though. The kids played and decorated king cakes while we just visited. Stefanie was one of my best friends from 4th grade-highschool. She moved when we finished the 10th grade but we still stayed in touch and she was in my wedding. This was honestly the longest I had been around her though in a very very long time! It was truly like old times! Once I got home with Lindsay we just mostly hung out until Austin got home. I was pooped! Colby spent the night with my parents so it was kinda nice to just have a very quiet and low key evening. 
Sunday Austin was off. We were all thrilled to have him home with us. We went to first service at church. I feel like it went well. I was teaching the preschoolers. We had 8 kids I believe. They were mostly good but a few had attitude issues. After church though we went to eat and then uptown to PARADE. I knew this would probably be our one and only chance this season to do a "big" parade. Now that the kids are older we try to atleast do 2 a year. So far the last 3 seasons that has worked out beautifully. They have been to a Super Krewe, a Metairie parade, and now another Uptown local parade. We got out to the route right as the 2nd parade was starting up. The parade lasted like 2 and a half hours. There were still 2 more to follow but we felt like the kids had caught plenty and we had been out there awhile. It was a great time though! One of those moments where I just realized how great our city is. It was just a fun, neat atmosphere. We got home around 3 and we were all pretty tired so we had a very low key rest of the day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment