Monday, February 6, 2017

Attitudes and Sickness

So Monday this week started out great! Austin was off..I did have a dentist appointment scheduled that I ended up moving b/c I have a cold. I really didn't feel like going plus I try to be considerate of the dentist and don't want them to get my germs either. So I grocery shopped and came home. Soon after that Austin and I went over to my parent's house so he could install this digital frame for them. He bought his mom one for Christmas and I told him my parents would love it to. My mom always complains that since she isn't on Facebook she doesn't often see pictures of the kids. I also am so behind on printing ones out. I do print them but I am currently working on a 2 year old photo album for Colby...sigh! 
So after that we went to buy a new mattress. Our other one was 12 years old and in much need to be replaced. After that we had our weekly date. We went to lunch at Panera. It was nice to have that time out with my hubby. That afternoon was usual routine for us. I like when Austin is home during the week though and can go pick up the kids. It just gives me a bit more extended time to get things done or to just sit. That evening we had a nice dinner of chicken, mac n cheese and green beans. We were able to even take a walk after. 
Tuesday Austin was still off. Again we do miss him very much on weekends but I don't mind having him off during the week either. Sometimes having him off on a weekday seems more productive. Plus it allows him some time at home alone. I had Bible study so he spent the morning doing yard work. My Bible study went ok...I kinda had a mini-meltdown after. I had brought a king cake that morning for snack. Long story short but when Bible study was over I still had 1/2 a kingcake left. I was super excited to be able to bring the rest home and share it with Austin and the kids. Well before I could go back there and pack it up someone knocked it to the floor. Well this meltdown made me see that right now Bible study for better or worse is changing. Its been something that maybe has been on the back of my mind but this brought it to the front. I still love the Bible study and the leader and the ladies but the dynamics are definitely changing. I feel we are becoming very "self focused". We started a "Secret Sister" thing which I really thought meant most praying for the person and such but rather it seems its turned into mini gift exchanges. I received a little gift. I mean its sweet and all but I honestly don't have time to go by little gifts each week nor do I want to. The lady I was also assigned is very big into the "gifts" side. I'm just feeling very stressed over it and feeling like now Tuesday mornings rather then being my sanctuary and safe place they have become that "one more thing". Anyway...the rest of the day was good. I got home and Austin and I had our mattress delivered then we ate lunch and watched tv and just had some downtime. Also nice moments! That afternoon he picked up the kids. We had our usual homework time. We cooked pork chops, au gratin potatoes, and broccoli for dinner. We just hung out that evening. We did get to play outside and practice some kick ball strategies with Colby. He starts kickball next week!! 
Wednesday was a pretty busy day for me. I was able to begin my day though with breakfast with a friend. Those are always great ways to start a day. It was great to catch up with Ashley. We had a nice visit. Oh and I also went to Target that morning. I did get a few hours at home though to be productive and also rest. That night we had church. It was such a good night at church though. We had 4 in our preschool class. It was such a sweet night! We did the story of Mary and Martha and made Valentine's. I just love when I have older kiddos and I feel like they truly get it. I know those dynamics will be changing very soon b/c Lindsay will be promoting along with a few of my other older kids so I am trying to really soak it up.
Thursday was music class. It was another great week! I am really loving and enjoying that job even though I am usually super tired after Wednesday nights and that. I am always thankful to come home to a quiet house for a couple hours. Scouts was cancelled so that was a relief. It was nice to have an extra night in this week. 
Friday was another busy day! I ended up meeting my friend Cindy for coffee that morning. I picked the kids up that afternoon. Colby's little friend Nijel came home with us. It really works out well to bring him home on Fridays b/c the boys play so well. I ordered pizzas for them and the kids all ate their dinner outside. He got picked up around 5:30. That evening we did our usual movie night. The kids wanted to watch "The Secret Life of Pets."


No comments:

Post a Comment